lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
Huntingcartdude
Not Yet Wild

Default HELP solve my runtime issue!!

Hey guys, Im really hoping ya'll can help me with my runtime issue cause its driving me CRAZY!!! I built this thing last year as follows
2005 Club cart IQ 48v
Alltrax 500 amp dcx
Allbrite 180-93 solenoid
D&D #170-502-0002 motor
4ga wires
Interstate 170Ah batteries( I know that ah is low but 4 miles?!?!)
23" tires

When i built the cart a year and a half ago brand new i got about 4 miles to a charge (down to 30%). Over the next year and a half that run time went down until my batteries all had dead cells at about 2 years old and I was getting about 1.5 miles run time. Now over this time I was pretty good about checking water and keeping on the charge.(hard to no let go below 50% when your friken run time sucks so bad.

Now I put Brand new batteries in that interstate warrantied and although my torque is back SAME RUN TIME as original about 4 miles.

My question is what it the world other than batteries(since they are new) could be causing this. I have read mixed reviews about that motor and wonder if that is the problem; it just sucks. Thanks for the help guys!!
Huntingcartdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car