lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
EricNCSU1204
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default instructions for using a battery fill bottle?

Not sure if this is the correct area to post this in, but here goes...

Bought a battery fill bottle thinking it would take the guess work out of filling the batteries once they are done charging to within a 1/4"- 1/2" above the plates.

Either I'm not using it right or its not working right. Its the standard bottle like you can buy from buggies unlimited/ ebay/ amazon. Here is the link to the one I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Turf-WestNL-BATTERY-BOTTLE/dp/B008KNDUFQ http://www.amazon.com/Best-Turf-WestNL-BATTERY-BOTTLE/dp/B008KNDUFQ

It has two valves on the fill spout, and it of course came with no instructions. Suppossedly its just suppossed to stop filling once the proper amt of water is in each cell, but it doesnt seem to be doing that.

any instructions are appreciated.
EricNCSU1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: instructions for using a battery fill bottle?

It is suppose to shut off automatically. You put it in cell and push on it and when it is the right level it will shut off.
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make sure spout base is as square as possible on the fill hole ( as level as possible). Push straight down all the way. Hold until flow stops. With some practice it does work. Not ideal, however. I get mixed results. I believe auto fill systems are worse though.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I bought one of those bottles once at an auto parts store. I never could tell if it was flowing or not, because it's not like you can hear it or anything.
I just use a little funnel and a jug of water now, and it seems to be the best way to do it...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
usmc4hire
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have the same bottle with the same issues. Researched it and found many, MANY others with the same problem. Best thing to do is simply, dont trust the "auto shutoff valve". Fill and visually check the water level in each cell.
But, thats just my 2cents.......
usmc4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
Bill
Getting Wild

Step !- Give bottle to Wife to water house plants.

Step 2- Fill with conventional methods by sight.

Maybe if the bottle or spout was clear so you could see the flow/level it would be better.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

I guess the good news is that you won't short fill....however, I have been close to over filling on occasion. I still use it for the convenience and put an eyeball to the levels.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

FWIW: I use a piece of surgical tubing that's 3 or 4 feet long, siphoning water from a gallon jug. Poke the end into the jug, suck on the other end to get the siphon started, then pinch the tubing with my fingers to shut it off. Go from cell to cell, watching the level with a flashlight if necessary. It fills fairly quickly, but not so fast as to be hard to control. You do have to find some way of holding the water jug a foot or more above the batteries.

My water comes from the dehumidifier in the shop, which I run during the Summer. I'll collect a couple or 3 gallons, so I'm all set for the year. If I needed a lot of distilled water, I'd rig up something to grab the water from the shop A/C; it will drain off nearly 5 gallons per day if it's hot and humid. The dehumidifier will do a gallon/day or so.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunmyer View Post
My water comes from the dehumidifier in the shop, which I run during the Summer. I'll collect a couple or 3 gallons, so I'm all set for the year. If I needed a lot of distilled water, I'd rig up something to grab the water from the shop A/C; it will drain off nearly 5 gallons per day if it's hot and humid. The dehumidifier will do a gallon/day or so.
Wow, that's cool, so a dehumidifier is a water distiller???
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Wow, that's cool, so a dehumidifier is a water distiller???
It sure is!!!

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car