lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #11
rib33024

Default Re: 1998 Carryall VI Transaxle Rebuild, Any Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-Knee View Post
Hey Rib,

Thanks for the heads up... Didn't mean to brake any rules...
Just trying to get some info...

I'm in Davie, FL... Your right down the street from me....
You ever rebuild one of these trans-axles?

Thanks,

Ant...
Yeah i live about 5 miles from you. I have never taken a club car rear end apart. But I'm rebuilding a yamaha G8 gas rear end right now. Putting new bearings in it right now
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #12
Ant-Knee
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Yeah i live about 5 miles from you. I have never taken a club car rear end apart. But I'm rebuilding a yamaha G8 gas rear end right now. Putting new bearings in it right now

Hope ur rebuild / bearing swap went good...

Wheres the best place to get parts for the trans axles???

Thank you,

Ant...
Ant-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:48 PM   #13
rib33024

All i need to put it back together is the gasket. Our sponsors can help you with the Bearings you need. I got my bearings at florida bearing, Ft. Lauderdale I-95/Broward Blvd
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #14
Ant-Knee
Gone Wild
Club Car

Can I get the axle bearings there?
I never noticed a bearing place over there... Ill have to check it out...

Here is a couple pics of what I got done today after work.., Ill open her up tomorrow and see what I need for parts

Old 08-11-2016, 07:30 PM   #15
Ant-Knee
Gone Wild
Club Car

Latest update ,
I got the case opened up,
Got couple gears out but I cant seem to get the shift fork out and the gears right next to it, See photos below, Last picture below I cant seem to get assemblies out...

Complete assembly Below

Position of shift Fork When case opened

The picture below is the 2 sets of gears I cant seem to get out..
Do I need to take something else out before these 2 shafts come out??

I have ordered The rear Axle Bearings Inner and outer for both sides along with the oil seals..
I have ordered all the bearings and seals for the rear as well...
I also ordered the sealant for the casing .. Think they ripped me off for the sealant but that's club car...
The gears and teethe look pretty good from what I can tell...

The problem that I was having was it would pop out of gear from time to time.. ( Not sure What holds it in gear)
The gears would grind when trying to put it in gear.. ( Synchros I think)
And the rear was whining ... ( Caused bye Bearings )

I need to know what would let it slip out of gear from time to time and what do I need to order to take care of the grinding when trying to put in gear, I am thinking the synchro clutch assembly is what I need but not really sure...

Thanks,

Ant...
Old 08-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #16
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to move that shift fork out just a little more - the shift lever will pivot a little further if you work it gently. Once free of that you'll be able to get those last 2 shafts out.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #17
Ant-Knee
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
You need to move that shift fork out just a little more - the shift lever will pivot a little further if you work it gently. Once free of that you'll be able to get those last 2 shafts out.
I will try to move the shift fork a little further back, Will the shift fork come out with the shafts?

Ant...
Old 08-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #18
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The fork itself, and that polished rod that it slides on, will come out with the input shaft. Once you have that out you'll see pretty much everything you need to see. I did one just yesterday (DS not Carryall) that had some of your same symptoms. The bearings on the input shaft were so worn it allowed the shaft itself to walk a little, in addition to the noise of course. In my case it fully engaged forward but would grind and pop out of reverse. The forward/reverse function is carried out by the sleeve that the shift fork moves back and forth. Even before you get it out of the case you can see it slide when you move the shift lever. Once you get it out you will be able to see how it locks on to the different gear sets as it moves.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #19
Ant-Knee
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
The fork itself, and that polished rod that it slides on, will come out with the input shaft. Once you have that out you'll see pretty much everything you need to see. I did one just yesterday (DS not Carryall) that had some of your same symptoms. The bearings on the input shaft were so worn it allowed the shaft itself to walk a little, in addition to the noise of course. In my case it fully engaged forward but would grind and pop out of reverse. The forward/reverse function is carried out by the sleeve that the shift fork moves back and forth. Even before you get it out of the case you can see it slide when you move the shift lever. Once you get it out you will be able to see how it locks on to the different gear sets as it moves.
Ok, I guess I should have specified, Mine does it in reverse as well, grinds and pops out of gear... What are you changing to stop the popping out of gear?
I see there is a spring and ball in the fork, Could it be just a weak spring??

Also what are you swapping out to stop the grinding?
Don't mean to ask so many questions , Just trying to get as much info as I can..

Thanks,

Ant...
Old 08-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #20
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

In my case it was the bearings on the input shaft. They allowed the shaft to walk side to side enough to keep the collar from fully engaging - the shaft would move a little with the fork and collar, negating part of the travel.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car