lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
NUWC
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006/7 Columbia ParCar Summit Tech Support request

Aloha, I currently work on Naval Base Pearl Harbor, HI. Our company has a 2006 or 2007 Columbia Summit Golf Cart (VIN# 5FCLS46AX81000176) that until a few days ago was running fine.

The vehicle will not move forward or reverse. You can hear the solenoid kick in when the key is turned on. The 48vdc is present at the Controller and Motor with key turned on. There is no voltage change or polarity change when vehicle is placed in reverse or forward and accelorator depressed. The Sevcon Milipack Controller (Model 633T45303) Self Diagnostic LED flashes on/off 4 times then repeats continuously whenever the key is turned to the ON position.

At first glance we would think the Controller is bad and would need replaced. Since either a new controller or new motor cost approximately the same ($1,000), we would like to be sure the part we order is IN FACT the part that would fix the problem. Unfortunately, there are no authorized local service dealers in Hawaii with closest being California.

We were able to find a wiring diagram for the Controller, but its pretty basic, and doesnt include any details other than voltage supplied to the main posts on the motor. We were hoping to find wiring diagrams that would show the 3 controller wires (and voltage values) going from the Controller to the Motor (on our cart the pins are different than the ones in the controller diagram we located on the net).

Does anyone have any documentation or diagrams that may help troubleshoot this problem or help trace the voltage associated with a Columbia Motor (SID# 170-504-0001)? Also if anyone can define the 4 flashes on the Controller? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
NUWC
NUWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 2006/7 Columbia ParCar Summit Tech Support request

The flashes on the controller can be "defined" with the use of the handset calibrator (like the automotive check engine code reader). Other than that, the 4 flash indicates the following possibilities: 1> Contactor is failed or stuck (the posts on top got welded together and can be checked with power off-there shouldbe no continuity). 2>The motor circuit is open, or the brushes stuck.

Quite often, it turns out to be the contactor. Don't focus on the controller or motor right away. Check the contactor to make sure it latches and unlatches with power. The coil is a 24V coil in a 48V system. It gets the 48V + on one side from the battery pack. The other side sits at 48V + also, until the controller gets the "turn on" signal from the key switch, the a 24V + is applied to the contactor coil which provides the 24V potential to activate the contactor. Then the 48V is switched to the B+ terminal of the controller.

In general, once the key is on, you will have a small lead 48V+ on one side of the contactor coil, and on pin 1 of the controller 16 pin connector. Pin 1 is a red wire which is located at the lowest left corner of the controller when you're looking at it from the face.

I attached the wiring harness that was installed in your specific vehicle. Hope it helps. Also, Lava Motors should be able to give you some help too.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Harness SUV.pdf (67.2 KB, 77 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
GTO 06
Gone Wild

Columbia

Columbia had recieved a bad bunch of controllers, that displays a code for a bad solenoid, but is in fact the controller bad. Just had this happen on a summit about a week ago, and with the same symptoms yours has. Hope this helps you out.
GTO 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
MAITAIMIKE
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2006 Par Car SE.I am having a problem with the cart not moving sometimes and I got 4 flashes on the controller.I put the cart in for service and was told the brushes were hanging up.They wanted over $2000 to replace the motor.I would just like to replace the brushes myself but can't find parts for the 2006.Any suggestions?
MAITAIMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Part number for brushes is 30402-06 and you need two per motor. (List is 57.34 each)
The brush card itself with springs is 30403-06. (List is 110.26)

They can be ordered with those part numbers from any Columbia dealer.

Checking the brushes is pretty easy though to see if they're hanging up. The four flash is either 1)Contactor, 2)brushes, 3)controller. #1 and #2 are pretty easy to check at no cost.

If at power up the contractor does a quick double click, it's probably the controller though.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
gary4jan
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

I have a 2006 48volt and issues with the controller i think. The green light stays on solid. Also trying to figure out the algorithm for the Excide GC 110 batteries for the Delt Q charger. When we are charging , and turn the key on there is nothing. Noforward and no reverse movement. Is this a factory safety issue?/ ThanksHelp please
gary4jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

There is a safety interlock so when the charger is plugged in, power is cutoff to the key switch.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
Klaseeks
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Support View Post
Part number for brushes is 30402-06 and you need two per motor. (List is 57.34 each)
The brush card itself with springs is 30403-06. (List is 110.26)

They can be ordered with those part numbers from any Columbia dealer.

Checking the brushes is pretty easy though to see if they're hanging up. The four flash is either 1)Contactor, 2)brushes, 3)controller. #1 and #2 are pretty easy to check at no cost.

If at power up the contractor does a quick double click, it's probably the controller though.
Can you tell me how to check the brushes? thanks.
Klaseeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Here's the service section on the motor
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Motor Service.pdf (588.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
Jamie12345
Not Yet Wild

Dear Mr, tech support Ijust bought a 2006 parcar here is the problem it runs but when u stop its like it has a delay I turn the key off set the brake but nothing the led on the the controller anit lit neither wait 15 mins and it will go until u stop it? any ideas? aslo it it is slow the rabbit and turtle switch makes no difference its like stuck in turtle the swtch light lights up but the speed don't change/
Jamie12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar