lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2018, 02:14 PM   #1
RDAZE
Not Yet Wild

Default Lifted vs Not lifted. Pros and cons?

Hello all new to the golf cart seen. I have been more of a spectator to all the great threads on this forum. Looking at getting a 2013 or newer has club car Precedent. A lot of the locals here in Miami have there fair share of opinions regarding lifted carts. Not sure what to decide. Any opinions on pros and cons would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
RDAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lifted vs Not lifted. Pros and cons?

Welcome! Would help if you tell us where you want to use the cart and what kind of terrain,soil type and grades it is expected to navigate. Helps narrow your choices.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 04:27 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Welcome! Would help if you tell us where you want to use the cart and what kind of terrain,soil type and grades it is expected to navigate. Helps narrow your choices.
omg .... Florida is flat as my ex wife

lifted carts are very unstable at speeds
lifted carts are cool
Old 09-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The only reason to lift a cart in FL is to be able to run taller tires. Taller tires can increase top speed. Of course a simple controller and motor upgrade will get you to 25-30 mph on stock tires so then the question is, how fast do think it is safe to go and how fast do you want to go. Or something like that... Welcome to BGW.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:19 PM   #5
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
omg .... Florida is flat as my ex wife
lifted carts are very unstable at speeds
lifted carts are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAZE View Post
Hello all new to the golf cart seen. I have been more of a spectator to all the great threads on this forum. Looking at getting a 2013 or newer has club car Precedent. A lot of the locals here in Miami have there fair share of opinions regarding lifted carts. Not sure what to decide. Any opinions on pros and cons would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Lift it, put some nice wheels on it..
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #6
RDAZE
Not Yet Wild

Hello everyone! Thx for the warm welcome and quick reply. I’m planning to use around the neighborhood that yes, it is as flat as many peoples ex wives LOL. Also trailering it to a few camp sites but mostly to cruise around with my wife and kids. I hear that lifted can be a bit unstable especially around turns. I would prefer the off-road look first but not sure how safe and comfortable to drive.
RDAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:03 AM   #7
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAZE View Post
Hello everyone! Thx for the warm welcome and quick reply. I’m planning to use around the neighborhood that yes, it is as flat as many peoples ex wives LOL. Also trailering it to a few camp sites but mostly to cruise around with my wife and kids. I hear that lifted can be a bit unstable especially around turns. I would prefer the off-road look first but not sure how safe and comfortable to drive.
You will have no trouble cruising around as long as you don't go crazy, millions have lifted carts, once you get a lift kit and nice set of wheels/tires on it you will love it.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #8
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Install a moderate lift and height tires with the proper offset. That will put the wheels outward an inch or so. Drive around corners like you have a brain and you will be fine.

As all the YouTube videos of golf course rental carts will show you, driving like an idiot will tip over a golf cart, not the lift kit.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts