lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
shaunetheridge
Not Yet Wild

Question Flow-Rite Pro Fill Battery Water System Question

For years, I’ve watered my batteries the old fashioned way. Recently I decided to get a battery watering system (single point watering) to make life a little easier. I chose the Flow-Rite Pro Fill system with the hand pump water delivery unit. The first time I tried this new system, water seeped out of a couple of the vent caps closest to where the pump attaches. I assume this is due to overfilling. My question, does it just take some getting used to how firm the bulb needs to be before you stop pumping? I felt resistance in the bulb after a few squeezes but it was not what I would call “firm” as the instructions indicated.
shaunetheridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina
Default Re: Flow-Rite Pro Fill Battery Water System Question

Sorry but to my opinion the so called water system is a total waste of money. We use the old way so we can SEE the water in each cell and NOT a guess it got water or not. ALWAYS USE DISTILLED WATER.
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Gurley View Post
Sorry but to my opinion the so called water system is a total waste of money. We use the old way so we can SEE the water in each cell and NOT a guess it got water or not. ALWAYS USE DISTILLED WATER.

Unfortunately, I have to agree...

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:54 AM   #4
shaunetheridge
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, really appreciate the opinions.

But can anyone who actually uses the system, like it or not, actually address my question?

And of course I always use distilled water. I've owned my carts for years, I know how to maintain the cart, my question was specific to this product since it's what's new to me. But I do thank you for the advice.
shaunetheridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:07 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

As a person who deals with fill system troubles every day, I also give them a . Stuck floats, overfilling floats, providing a flame manifold to every cell.. I do not own one, but I service them regularly. Also, it's a pain to visually see the fluid levels.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunetheridge View Post
For years, I’ve watered my batteries the old fashioned way. Recently I decided to get a battery watering system (single point watering) to make life a little easier. I chose the Flow-Rite Pro Fill system with the hand pump water delivery unit. The first time I tried this new system, water seeped out of a couple of the vent caps closest to where the pump attaches. I assume this is due to overfilling. My question, does it just take some getting used to how firm the bulb needs to be before you stop pumping? I felt resistance in the bulb after a few squeezes but it was not what I would call “firm” as the instructions indicated.

To answer your question- I’m not sure. I’d pump in until you feel resistance, but myself, I’d take all the caps off and check it after using such a fill system. They are notorious for overfilling or not filling some cells at all.

Maybe some of the caps aren’t on tight enough?

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, battery, watering
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO