lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #31
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Why NOT Lithium instead of FLA?

My use case is this. Twice a week I go shoot sporting clays, basically similar to driving the cart 18 holes of golf each time. I usually have 4 aboard, with guns and shells and other "stuff". 36v DCS cart cart gets sluggish. It's relatively flat terrain, a couple of berms to climb. I shoot Saturdays or Sundays, and one day during the week, usually Thursday.

Right now, I call the guys at the club in the morning I'm shooting to re-plug the charger, so I'm sure it's ready for me because I leave it there more than not now that school has started. The existing charger does not stay on or come back on after charging to maintain.

During the summer, we may use it on weekends to go 6 miles round trip to the beach with the wife and two pre-teen sons, and all the beach stuff.

What I'd like is to only have to charge it once a week or so, or more specifically have it ready to go anytime I want to hop on it. It's not a daily event it gets driven. Also, dropping a couple hundred pounds off the cart will help when it's gets loaded up with shooting buddies who are, um, "healthy" in size.

P
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2016, 10:53 PM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxPilot View Post
My use case is this. Twice a week I go shoot sporting clays, basically similar to driving the cart 18 holes of golf each time. I usually have 4 aboard, with guns and shells and other "stuff". 36v DCS cart cart gets sluggish. It's relatively flat terrain, a couple of berms to climb. I shoot Saturdays or Sundays, and one day during the week, usually Thursday.

Right now, I call the guys at the club in the morning I'm shooting to re-plug the charger, so I'm sure it's ready for me because I leave it there more than not now that school has started. The existing charger does not stay on or come back on after charging to maintain.

During the summer, we may use it on weekends to go 6 miles round trip to the beach with the wife and two pre-teen sons, and all the beach stuff.

What I'd like is to only have to charge it once a week or so, or more specifically have it ready to go anytime I want to hop on it. It's not a daily event it gets driven. Also, dropping a couple hundred pounds off the cart will help when it's gets loaded up with shooting buddies who are, um, "healthy" in size.

P
question, why are shooting buddies more often than not, Uhm... healthy size ? LOL
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:45 AM   #33
jmauld
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEDAY View Post
Those packs are rated at 53v with a peak over 58v. Can the 48v aftermarket controllers deal with that voltage?

I would think if you're going to use these packs, you should find a controller that is rated for 60v? But I'm curious what setups you guys are using.
jmauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:10 AM   #34
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

We do LiFeP04. They are supposed to only vent & not catch fire if punctured. All lithiun cells have a bad habit of dying with dangerous possible side effects (some variants worse than others) when treated poorly. Lead cells also have the same dangers, with less energy to spend in a "short circuit event", but they have the drawback of an explosive gas as a normal byproduct. and i am amazed what they were able to achieve with the first gen Prius NiMh batteries, i been saying for a while "they have been treating those cells good" (the engineers). Many over 200k mi before battery time. I did testing of the 100ah Li batteries we use to benchmark it to a T-875 pack. When discharging them both to 20%Soc with the Lester battery tester (lead batteries done automatically, Li done with monitoring to shut it off at 20%), they were nearly identical.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:39 AM   #35
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmauld View Post
Those packs are rated at 53v with a peak over 58v. Can the 48v aftermarket controllers deal with that voltage?

I would think if you're going to use these packs, you should find a controller that is rated for 60v? But I'm curious what setups you guys are using.
Don't know about all of them but the high voltage cutoff on my Alltrax 48v controller is 60v.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #36
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My pack is only just over 58V when it comes off charge and the Alltrax is set for 60V max. It drops down a bit very quickly to more like 56V. It is at about 46 when near zero SOC. I don't usually take it down that far before recharging though.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v, batteries, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO