lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
Dogscoach 65
Not Yet Wild

Default Some type of short in system

I purchased a very used 93 ezgo marathon 36v cart. It is stock from what I can tell. I have put new batteries in it and charged them to full. I took it for a short run and it ran great. I put it back on charger and went to use it again and it acts like there is a short in it. When checking with a volt meter it seems the short is between the 3rd and 4th battery. 1-3 read 18.76 and 4-6 read 18.69. But when checking from 1-6 it shows a short. When the accelerator is pressed the cart will engage but won't move and the solenoid will click. Not sure what issue is. Have replaced battery wires and double checked connection. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks.
Dogscoach 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Some type of short in system

If you had a short in your battery pack, you would have serious smoke and heat. It sounds more like you have a bad connection somewhere.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Some type of short in system

I have seen one battery (in the pack) connected in reverse polarity and it acted as you say, total pack voltage would read about 6v shy of full. Recheck each battery to battery cable goes + to - .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO