lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
Lineman962
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 48v cc. a dog in cold weather?

So i had my 48V cc out playing in the snow last weekend and noticed that it was running a lot slower than normal and my torque was really weak. My batteries all new and test good on a battery tester. Is this normal for a lifted cart in the winter? it was only about 15 degrees last weekend when i was running it!
Lineman962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48v cc. a dog in cold weather?

Dougmcp stated after I asked the question a while back that during the winter (cold months) you can't expect as much run time nor as much power out of your pack. Per Doug, the optimum temp is around 85* for best performance. So, with that, I simply don't expect as much out of it and I don't demand as much out of it either. I don't push it so much during the very cold times. I just ease around on it.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lets face the facts how well does your car turn over when its sitting outside when its that cold? Trojan as an example shows that a battery at "0" degrees F will only produce 50%, while same battery at "82" degrees produces 100%. Besides golf carts are made for golfing when you can see the ground and play "cow pasture pool" rather than snow drift jumping?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Did you ever try to stir a pot of thick molasses in the summer and then in the winter... Maybe time to change out your rear differential for some 30 weight synthetic oil... maybe even 10w30 if you run that cold sometimes. Some CC dealers have put in 90 weight in electrics when it called for 30 weight. (Yes it's in the manual.) It's not been that low of a temperature here in Florida but when it reached in the mid 20's where I have my coach and cart it still preformed fine with speeds up in the lower 20's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Precedent Lube.jpg (79.1 KB, 14 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Did you ever try to stir a pot of thick molasses in the summer and then in the winter... Maybe time to change out your rear differential for some 30 weight synthetic oil... maybe even 10w30 if you run that cold sometimes. Some CC dealers have put in 90 weight in electrics when it called for 30 weight. (Yes it's in the manual.) It's not been that low of a temperature here in Florida but when it reached in the mid 20's where I have my coach and cart it still preformed fine with speeds up in the lower 20's.
is this a difficult operation? i have my plastic off until weather the clears up a bit so now might be a good time to tackle it...
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
is this a difficult operation? I have my plastic off until weather the clears up a bit so now might be a good time to tackle it...
absolutely!
gornoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:46 AM   #7
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
is this a difficult operation? i have my plastic off until weather the clears up a bit so now might be a good time to tackle it...
It's an easy thing to do... and yes I'd do it now like Gorno states...

Just a heads up... Looking at the spec sheet I attached prior it calls for 22oz of diff fluid but if you also follow the directions in the manual it states to re-fill up to the fill hole which will allow over 30 oz. I measured what came out of mine and it was 22 oz so that's exactly what I put back in. Most CC dealers refill back to the fill hole, not just use 22 oz so it's your call.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
absolutely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
It's an easy thing to do... and yes I'd do it now like Gorno states...

Just a heads up... Looking at the spec sheet I attached prior it calls for 22oz of diff fluid but if you also follow the directions in the manual it states to re-fill up to the fill hole which will allow over 30 oz. I measured what came out of mine and it was 22 oz so that's exactly what I put back in. Most CC dealers refill back to the fill hole, not just use 22 oz so it's your call.
10-4!
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car