lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
jackyl_816
Not Yet Wild

Default cheapest 6V Battery EZGO

i have a 1979 4 wheel 36V ezgo cart... it is a beater, i am putting it up for sale... it has 5 good 6V batteries and 1 dead what is the cheapest battery i can use to get it out the door.... please do not suggest the trojans or high priced batteries... can i use a 6V car battery... i saw a 6V tractor/farm battery at advance auto for $59 what amps or cold cranking amps do i need to look for????

i am not concerned with run times or how long the battery will last.... i want to sell it... but i want it to be safe for the buyer and nothing gonna explode as well..........

please advise....
jackyl_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cheapest 6V Battery EZGO

Welcome! I was in a similar situation. You Google battery distributors in your area. I found an interstate dealer. They took all the returns in from this region and tested, recharged and sold the good ones. I had to give a core battery and paid less than $40 for a golf cart battery with a 90 day warranty. Do not try anything other than a golf cart battery. You need to be looking for a 'golf cart' battery... Costco? Sam's club has em new, but there are problems associated with mixing old and new batts. Do you have a voltmeter? Are you sure the 5 good ones are good? Use the search engine on the home page here to find battery related discussions. There are tons of battery info here. Good luck.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
jackyl_816
Not Yet Wild

i have had a 3 wheel cart 36V for 3 years for my personal use.... it has 3 12V advance auto car batteries in it.. been running fine for 3 years.... also i had a 96 club car 46V it had 4 12V autozone car batteries in it... ran 2 years before i sold it... i am wondering why everyone is so afraid of car batteries..... I have never installed the batteries myself, it was just what was in them when i got the carts....... thats why i wanted to know about a tractor 6V battery.........
Old 03-28-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes it will work because 36v is 36v no matter the source. But it won't work like it was designed to work! You aren't getting near the run time or performance or battery life that a golf cart battery would give.....
Old 03-28-2008, 06:47 AM   #5
jackyl_816
Not Yet Wild

like i said my personal 3 wheel model lasts for 3-4 weeks w/o charging just taking short trips around the house and back and forth to my garage, mail box,riding kids around.. etc...... so i assume car batteries may be the way to go for me since im just trying to get my extra cart sold,and out the door... its a beater anyway.....

im not trying to fight by any means, all the carts i have ever bought and resold,have all had car batteries already pre-installed..... ive never put any battery in myself.......

ive been buying old beaters,and painting some of them,and reselling... average price buy $800-$1000 resale $1800-$2000 for any of you movers and shakers out there wanting to pick up a extra buck.... carts are a big business in the summer time.....
Old 03-30-2008, 11:36 PM   #6
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: cheapest 6V Battery EZGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyl_816 View Post
like i said my personal 3 wheel model lasts for 3-4 weeks w/o charging just taking short trips around the house and back and forth to my garage, mail box,riding kids around.. etc...... so i assume car batteries may be the way to go for me since im just trying to get my extra cart sold,and out the door... its a beater anyway.....

im not trying to fight by any means, all the carts i have ever bought and resold,have all had car batteries already pre-installed..... ive never put any battery in myself.......

ive been buying old beaters,and painting some of them,and reselling... average price buy $800-$1000 resale $1800-$2000 for any of you movers and shakers out there wanting to pick up a extra buck.... carts are a big business in the summer time.....
PLEASE STOP TRYING TO SELL YOUR CART LIKE THIS... that is a disgusting cheat... I bought a cart like the ones you do for $200... It had one bad battery, the guy tried to fix it with a cheap-**** battery like ytou want to get, and when I pressed the gas pettal, it blew up in my face and a piece took a peice of skin off of my friends forhead and the acid burnt my hair... Sell it like it is, any smart buyer knows that any cart batteries are worthless unless you have a warrenty card for them... JUST STOP!!! It sickens me...
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoRider420 View Post
PLEASE STOP TRYING TO SELL YOUR CART LIKE THIS... that is a disgusting cheat... I bought a cart like the ones you do for $200... It had one bad battery, the guy tried to fix it with a cheap-**** battery like ytou want to get, and when I pressed the gas pettal, it blew up in my face and a piece took a peice of skin off of my friends forhead and the acid burnt my hair... Sell it like it is, any smart buyer knows that any cart batteries are worthless unless you have a warrenty card for them... JUST STOP!!! It sickens me...
Motorider, Thanks for saying what I know I was thinking I put a heck of alot more than this into a cart fixup and sell for less. This guy is no good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO