lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Farrell.44
Not Yet Wild

Default lowering

i was looking into lowering my 2006 gas ezgo. i have been through almost all the threads reading, going out to my cart looking coming back reading more having it make sense. but i still have a couple questions.....

1. has anyone ever used or heard of anyone using the big daddy lowering kit?
http://shop.bigdaddygolfcarts.com/main.sc

2. i have been looking at the front air shocks. can i get these from junk yard off an old lincoln? or just order them from summit? when you put them in how do you adjust them for air without a compressor? like for your ride height?

3. also when you cut the front shock mount how do you know how much to cut off? if im thinking about not lowering as much can this be adjusted by leaving more on the mount and a smaller block for the rear?
i have been looking at my cart since i put my 12's on this weekend and the rear looks lower then the front will this stay the same if i put the block on and the front air shocks? or is there another way i can lower the front besides the air shocks? also if i put a rear seat on will this jack my front up when loaded? on a basic load

thanks for your help.
Farrell.44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: lowering

1. I never have used it. Looks like about $50 in parts for $265. Looks like it basically puts the leafs lower under the front axle which in turn raises the axle. The rear just looks like a block, basically what you would do with 2" square tubing. That kit would still compress your shocks and looks like you would have no down travel.

2. I would just get these from Summit. I just got a pair and they were black even though the picture was white. Glad I didn't have to paint them. I don't have an onboard compressor. You can air them up like a tire. Each shock runs to a tee and you can fill them up with any air compressor. I have a tire gauge so I can see how many PSI are in them and let them down when I want.

3. You can cut it how many inches you lowered it or just put them on the axle and figure out how much you want to lower them and then weld. You can control your ride height with the shocks PSI. With the rear seat, you can put a lot of air in the shocks to make it stiffer in the rear if you run air shocks in the rear. It would be like HD leaf springs. You can also shorter gas shocks for the front and not cut your mounts. But I really like the air shocks and being able to adjust ride height.
DoubleTake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
Farrell.44
Not Yet Wild

Thanks man yea I was looking at that kit and it looked easy enounh to make myself. Wonder how it would ride with that set up.? Thanks for advice
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would think the same or rougher because of the compressed shocks.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

That kit wont work with a new style steering rack. I agree, you can fab your own for a lot cheaper.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
Farrell.44
Not Yet Wild

Ordered my Air shocks last night. I have been studying hotcats thread. Will I have to trim the front plastic cover? Also when he moved his rear forward how much work is that? Also is there a basic measurment to putting the front shock mounts back on like top of hole to top of axle
Old 05-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No. Not much more than just lowering the rear, you will need a new base plate and trailer strap for each side is about the only additional work needed. No, besides lowering them down as low as you lower the cart or make your shocks bottom out before the tires are rubbing plastic.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
Farrell.44
Not Yet Wild

Good deal I think I might finish gathering things this week and start on her this weekend. I'm sure ill have plenty more questions thanks for your help.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
Farrell.44
Not Yet Wild

ok the more i look the more stupid i feel. i got home and looked at my cart. i dont understand the new base plate. i see in all the pics that the new base plate changes the placement of the rear air shock. but they are saying they moved the hole im not sure what hole they talkin about. and then i seen a pic of wildcat had poked a hole in his cart and said he wished he moved the axle forward so sorry for being a **** idoit. but please explain.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

To move the axle forward, you have to drill two new holes in the base plate for when the axle is moved forward and so you can actually get shocks moved away from the axle.

Here is a picture from Hotcat that I modified so you could see what he was talking about. The first is the new holes circled in red. The second is about what the base plate looks like when you get them.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!