lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2023, 01:41 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Pipe for Cable Runs to keep things clean?

If you’re going to do a. Iq conversion I’d go the oem route. It’s more robust. Give David hicks a call, he can sell you all the OEM parts to do it like it came from the factory as an IQ for a much simpler and cleaner install.

Www.revolutiongolfcars.com
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2023, 05:37 PM   #12
buddylindsey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If you’re going to do a. Iq conversion I’d go the oem route. It’s more robust. Give David hicks a call, he can sell you all the OEM parts to do it like it came from the factory as an IQ for a much simpler and cleaner install.

What are the differences between an OEM one and the scottyb one? I see so many people recommend his I don’t know what the difference would be.
buddylindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 05:51 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddylindsey View Post
What are the differences between an OEM one and the scottyb one? I see so many people recommend his I don’t know what the difference would be.
OEM route replaces the harness, MCOR, run/tow switch, and everything to make it like it came from the factory with an IQ setup. Then all the wiring diagrams, troubleshooting, and everything for a factory IQ cart all match up.

The aftermarket ones don’t. It’s an add on and looks and installs like an aftermarket kit.

If you were buying a charger hellcat would you rather buy the hellcat, or buy a v6 and buy a bunch of aftermarket parts to make it supercharged?
Old 02-04-2023, 05:57 PM   #14
buddylindsey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
OEM route replaces the harness, MCOR, run/tow switch, and everything to make it like it came from the factory with an IQ setup. Then all the wiring diagrams, troubleshooting, and everything for a factory IQ cart all match up.

The aftermarket ones don’t. It’s an add on and looks and installs like an aftermarket kit.

If you were buying a charger hellcat would you rather buy the hellcat, or buy a v6 and buy a bunch of aftermarket parts to make it supercharged?

Thank you I will look into it. I am still trying to sort through what I do and don’t have on this cart. Going that route might help solve that problem.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:35 PM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Scottys conversion kits encompass everything in one package. Motor, controller, wiring, and all the other switches and electronics. Batteries not included.

The only good option straight from Club car for that cart would be to buy an MCOR conversion kit, an IQ harness and all the switches separately, which is around $700 in parts last I checked, and for a conversion cart (previously or non-IQ type) it’s actually more work to put in the Club Car stuff.

It’s a fair amount of work either way, but Scottys conversion kits are designed from the ground up for just this kind of swap.
Just tossing out my $0.04 (inflation ya know )
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 06:50 PM   #16
buddylindsey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Scottys conversion kits encompass everything in one package. Motor, controller, wiring, and all the other switches and electronics. Batteries not included.

The only good option straight from Club car for that cart would be to buy an MCOR conversion kit, an IQ harness and all the switches separately, which is around $700 in parts last I checked, and for a conversion cart (previously or non-IQ type) it’s actually more work to put in the Club Car stuff.

It’s a fair amount of work either way, but Scottys conversion kits are designed from the ground up for just this kind of swap.
Just tossing out my $0.04 (inflation ya know )

Thanks for the $0.06 (hyper inflation and all). I think I will research both and see what it comes out to on work and cost, not _as_ concerned on cost as I want to build this to last another 20 years with just battery swaps.

Are there any build threads on here that go over conversions? I am still not sure if good build threads so figured I would ask.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:29 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If it were my cart, I’d do the iq conversion from revolution. Add in a navitas AC kit and never look back. You’ll have a solid, long lasting cart that performs like a million bucks (pre inflation)

AC truly is the way to go, especially if you need a controller and a motor anyway. Cost would be very similar to an alltrax and DC motor of your choice but perform much better and be more efficient as well.

Give David hicks a call. Great guy to do business with and he won’t shoot you any BS. You’ll get more info out of a 10 minute phone call with him than you’ll probably get in a week posting questions here
Old 02-04-2023, 07:45 PM   #18
buddylindsey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
If it were my cart, I’d do the iq conversion from revolution. Add in a navitas AC kit and never look back. You’ll have a solid, long lasting cart that performs like a million bucks (pre inflation)

AC truly is the way to go, especially if you need a controller and a motor anyway. Cost would be very similar to an alltrax and DC motor of your choice but perform much better and be more efficient as well.

Give David hicks a call. Great guy to do business with and he won’t shoot you any BS. You’ll get more info out of a 10 minute phone call with him than you’ll probably get in a week posting questions here
Thanks will do. Researching AC systems was on my list of things to do before I pulled the trigger anyway, just hadn't gotten that far yet. So I definitely check it out.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:14 AM   #19
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

David helped me take my old '86 toaster cart into the future and it was straight forward and simple. From my experience, he is extremely helpful, great to talk to, and an overall great guy.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 07:15 PM   #20
buddylindsey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

So I talked to David today and it was a great convo. He is going to set me up with a great setup for an A/C system. Now to save the money. When I get the money and purchase everything look forward to a build thread.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car