lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2023, 10:03 AM   #1
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2011 Precedent Light Upgrade Kit

I'm working with a 2011 Prcedent. It has a light kit which I "think" might be a ProFit brand. Basic kit. It has halogen headlights but LED tail lights. Owner wants to upgrade to deluxe lighting with turn signals, brake lights, horn. How do I determine WHICH upgrade kit will be compatible with existing kit ? Are all upgrade kits with 9 pin plug adaptable ? I don't want to buy a kit and have to eat it. The harness that is on it has the 2 loose wires in the floor for brake light switch. I looked underneath the front end and I dont see the horn wires that should have came through with the headlight harness, but the previous installer may have left them in the dash. I havent opened the dash yet to see if they are there. I am assuming that if I find the horn plug in the dash, the open 9 pin plug, then the lights ARE upgradable, but WHICH kit ?
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2023, 03:54 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Precedent Light Upgrade Kit

As far as I know none of the kits come with a halogen front and LED rear lights. To me that sounds like an already patched together kit, maybe using the original or existing wiring on the cart.
If there is a horn wire near the front it will be Orange or Brown I think based on colors from other kits, but there isn’t really and standard for colors in aftermarket kits as far as I know.
If you’re going to upgrade to a signal kit, buy a kit with a whole harness that covers everything, and just connect it to the existing lights.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 05:35 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The light kits that came with both of my Yamaha carts had Halogen headlights and LED tail lights. These are 10 years old however. They were dealer installed back then - the carts were not shipped to the dealers with headlights installed. No idea who made the kits though.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 09:14 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you have a 9 or 12-pin connector behind the dash by the steering column all you should need to buy is the turn signal arm and the brake switch. The only place I found on the internet to buy that is Revolution Golf Cars. He can sell you the arm and the brake pad w/o having to buy the entire kit. It's not listed in their parts list so you have to call them and tell them what you need. Or more likely he will be telling you what you need.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car