lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2023, 12:18 PM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Under cart LED lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenks View Post
May I ask, Do all carts have a 48v to 12v converter ?? Thx
Only ones that either came with 12v accessories like headlights, or carts were someone added one.
In the old days a lot of folks with 36v carts or even some 48v just tapped 12-16v from wiring to only two of the lead acid batteries but that drained those batteries faster than the rest and sometimes cause balance issues with the batteries.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2023, 05:29 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenks View Post
May I ask, Do all carts have a 48v to 12v converter ?? Thx
No but they’re relatively inexpensive and as said above, much better as they pull from the entire pack keeping all the batteries in balance instead of draining one or two more than the rest.

I just have a cheap $20 one from Amazon. It’s more than enough to just run my headlights and under body lights. The underbody lights only pull a few hundred mA which is basically nothing. I’ve had it for 2 1/2 years now and no issues at all.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:29 PM   #13
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Thx guys
Trenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:42 PM   #14
prosa69
Not Yet Wild

I went with ledglow for a few reasons. First was you can buy replacement leds, controller, remote should any break. Second I wanted a control box and not have to worry about phone app every time I wanted to use it. Third was I could add on up to 12 led lights. 4th was the wires that go to the underglow are long enough to reach and are very well made. I currently run 4 underglow led lights, 4 wheel well lights and one interior light. They are bright and have all the modes you could want.
The only thing I’m not a fan of is you have to keep pushing the mode button to get to the mode you want for the lights. But it will go back to the last mode/color you were using when you turn them on.

I would recommend ledglow in the future to be able to turn off certain leds mainly the interior lights as I only went with one behind me but I could see running 4 would be annoying with the lights flashing/blaring in your eyes. also some way to get to the mode you wanted a little easier.
prosa69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:10 AM   #15
Buttapollock1010
Getting Wild

Club Car

I decided on infinite off road custom light strip setup. Just placed an order over the weekend, I have not received them. The controller allows you to hook up to your brake lights. So when the brake pedal is pressed all the lights go red. Hopefully this will make the cart more visible to others.

https://www.infiniteoffroad.com/
Buttapollock1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:56 AM   #16
hojolabo
Not Yet Wild

So, does the mounting ring come with the wheel lights or custom made, just curious and from who.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
hojolabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 07:29 PM   #17
Buttapollock1010
Getting Wild

Club Car

Lights are working well. Time will tell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C9A79BFC-7BC6-4066-BCB4-B5B894DAA01D.jpg (143.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0EA46D43-5C54-4B6D-85AE-CB659830A826.jpg (80.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-04-2023, 04:51 AM   #18
Buttapollock1010
Getting Wild

Club Car

Update on the lights. Everything is working as it should. I have not had any issues. Was an easy install. If anyone is on the fences I would def recommend this setup.
Old 05-04-2023, 06:41 AM   #19
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I put undercarriage leds on mine last week also Mine basically came prewired other than the power connections they have a keychain fob and all sorts of features I wont use like brake light activation and music response.. I got mine on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/255499259858. I figured the last set I bought there and installed on my G1 back in 2008 still work fine other than needing a new fob battery so why not. The leds themselves changed from my old kit.. They are the same type of cut to length adhesive back style flexible strips that they sell for everything now I have them in my camper on the underside edge of my home bar and even beside one of my wall mounted tvs but those came with a different remote.

I have separate strips I bought to put on the inside edge of my roof as a dome light type feature but havent installed them yet.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car