lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2022, 03:14 PM   #1
russhull
Not Yet Wild

Default ICON40L : Voltage 48 to 36 to 48 to 36 constantly.

Hi Buggiesgonewild forum team

I have a Icon Golf Cart that is bouncing between voltages and losing power.
Basically it will bounce between 48v and 32v and in between that it “jerks” and kind of loses power for a 1/4 second at at time.

Also, I recently had the charger “burn” the batteries…. no better way to describe it in that the auto charger did not turn off. With that you could feel significant heat with the batteries and significant SMELL. I tried several times and the charger would do the same.

Based on that I thought the charger was bad and went into for warrantee (which is difficult in that I need to rent a truck and a trailer to get it in/out)

The service department said there was 1 bad battery and that was it… replaced it.

I still have both problems…. See video for example (If I can figure out how to attach a video)

Thoughts on what I should do next? Other than tell them they didn’t fix anything….
russhull is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2022, 03:18 PM   #2
russhull
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ICON40L : Voltage 48 to 36 to 48 to 36 constantly.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/012N...rqq9oV--PjcI-g

I think this is allowing to share the video.

The golf cart petal is pushed down, but jumping and losing power for 1/4 at a time.
russhull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 04:19 PM   #3
derelicte
Gone Wild

Sounds like you still have a bad battery or batteries. Take it back and have them replace the batteries until it works. :)

Or, measure the voltage across each battery and see if any are lower than the others. If possible, do this while driving. Alternatively, take out the batteries and have them tested at a battery shop.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 10:35 AM   #4
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would also check the On-Off-Manual switch under the seat. Mine shuttered one time in a parking lot. Wouldn't go at all. I flipped the switch a couple of times and it started moving and I was able to get it home. When I went to flip the switch to Off before charging, the toggle completely pushed into the switch body. Replaced the switch and it's never happened again. From what I can tell on this forum, the original switch is notorious about failing.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon