lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #1
blackb1rd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT Electrical Load Troubles

1999 EZGO TXT 36v utility golf cart has an issue I cant figure out when using it to pull a grass catcher. I live on 2 acres with a slight decline and we use our golf cart for mostly recreational. Recently replaces all 6 batteries since the old ones were over 10 years old. The golf cart runs well with the new batteries and the voltage tested just fine but after pulling a grass catcher for maybe 30 minutes it will just quit, event though the meter shows 75-90% charged. If we wait a a minute or two and try again it goes, but then after another minute it quits again. I used to think it was just when it was going uphill, but has happened on level ground. .
blackb1rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2022, 08:06 PM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT Electrical Load Troubles

Symptoms indicate your controller is going into thermal shutdown. Hot weather, slow speed, dragging a grass catcher and new batteries all contribute to the controller heating and going into shutdown.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 06:34 AM   #3
blackb1rd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is there any way to reduce thermal shutdown?
blackb1rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:06 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can try removing the cover to allow heat to dissipate better. That may delay the inevitable which is the controller is failing and will go into thermal shutdown more often and come back on more slowly until it eventually does not come back on.
Your usage is beyond what the 20 yr old stock controller can handle. Get an Alltrax replacement with a fan kit and a HD solenoid to permanently fix the problem
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:17 AM   #5
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I mounted a small 12 volt fan in the top area of the controller heat sink fins and the rear fender directed downward. A 3 1/8 inch square fan fit the area perfect and I secured it in place with some RTV. I have a reducer to run the accessories and the fan. I have been getting by for 5 years.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO