lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2022, 10:11 AM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Precedent Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
Just gonna say I installed an ALLTRAX XCT 48400-IQ and honestly thought it would go a bit better.. I had a working cart, followed instructions to a 't' and now my cart is disabled until I can get a hold of AllTrax next week when they return from Holiday. So just saying to anyone thinking it will be a plug and play .... don't plan on it.. Now that said Scotty has been extremely helpful in troubleshooting remotely with me. I realize it was a holiday week ( stupid idea to upgrade over holiday) and I am not his only customer either so that said.. Dang things should not be this sensitive on install. No OBC involved clean OBC Delete following the sticky here on BGW. And Again Scotty has been patient with me in my urge to get the cart back on line. Hes had to teach this old dog how to use the took kit( which I like as it shows whats going on. Just needed to say. Not sure why these things are so finicky but it is what it is.. Ill just turn up my patient potentiometer and wait.. Perhaps more coffee.
See Now I have the opposite experience... granted I have an older series cart but Ive swapped in 2 different used models of alltrax controllers (spm and now an sr72500 ) in my g8 now and I found once I got my coil wire situation figured out (the wiring diagram for the g8 would not work for me) I found programming it very easy.. but again this is an older series cart. I havent driven mine with the latest more powerful controller due to the weather and im waiting on lithium cells to convert to 48v but I have tested it going a couple feet in either direction.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2022, 10:15 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Everythign we saw in the monitor file ( you can post those screen shots here to help these guys help you) shows all the necessary boxes are checked.
Key on
In gear
Solenoid active
Thorttle working
Charger not connected.
Cart should run. Problem likely in the high amperage delivery or controller failure.
You are using a stock solenoid. Perhaps you could jump the solenoid and see if that is the blockage.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 10:34 AM   #13
sreno155
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I purchased the Admiral A4 motor and the Alltrax 500IQ from Carts Unlimited. I understand from the Alltrax reading that you need to be aware of the max rpm on the motor. So to prevent the controller from overrevving the motor. What is the max rpm of the Admiral MOT A4 motor? Probably more questions about the downloadable tool kit for the Alltrax controller.
sreno155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 02:42 PM   #14
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Hey Scotty, You are correct ( thanks again for all your help) its true All the right boxes checked and ready to go. Just seems so strange that the only change I made was the controller. the Solenoid clicks on and off as it should. I can jump it and will try that next. but by all means it should run. Obviously don't want to believe its a controller failure. I have done enough projects on other things other than carts to know to change one thing at a time incase..just in case things like this happen. That solenoid in the pics is new about 2 months ago when I first noticed the stock solenoid got extremely HOT when driving.. It was working fine so I left it in.. I have a new one I bought at same time as that one that was even heavier if needed its the ZJ4 with the orange cap.. but again havent swapped it out as all was working. btw swapping a1 & A2 made no difference nor did swapping F1 & F2 other than making it change directions when it was stuttering.. also same failure indicator 1 green, 6 red flashes. I pulled diode from solenoid( small one ) and No resistor is installed so .. I am just scratching my bald head. LOL Thanks again

PS do you think I should replace ALL high amperage cables with like 2 gauge?
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 05:07 PM   #15
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
Hey Scotty, You are correct ( thanks again for all your help) its true All the right boxes checked and ready to go. Just seems so strange that the only change I made was the controller. the Solenoid clicks on and off as it should. I can jump it and will try that next. but by all means it should run. Obviously don't want to believe its a controller failure. I have done enough projects on other things other than carts to know to change one thing at a time incase..just in case things like this happen. That solenoid in the pics is new about 2 months ago when I first noticed the stock solenoid got extremely HOT when driving.. It was working fine so I left it in.. I have a new one I bought at same time as that one that was even heavier if needed its the ZJ4 with the orange cap.. but again havent swapped it out as all was working. btw swapping a1 & A2 made no difference nor did swapping F1 & F2 other than making it change directions when it was stuttering.. also same failure indicator 1 green, 6 red flashes. I pulled diode from solenoid( small one ) and No resistor is installed so .. I am just scratching my bald head. LOL Thanks again

PS do you think I should replace ALL high amperage cables with like 2 gauge?
if it workd with the old cables before it would work with them now unless one became damaged or has a poor connection. although it might be more ideal to replace them with thicker cables. I bought 2wg to make mine.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 07:32 PM   #16
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Hey Augie - yea it worked fine with the cables just as they are and the solenoid as it etc. Like I said I made no other changes.. only thing I did do during process was unplug speed sensor and plug back in.. was trying to untangle the cables underneath buggy to get more cable so to speak. but unplug didnt reveal any corroded connections either.. was actually pretty clean. I am thinking down the road maybe upgrade cables to something larger just for good measure but not now want to get it fixed and enjoy it for a while
Old 01-01-2023, 12:53 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Change the solenoid .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 10:34 PM   #18
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks Scotty, Ill give that a go next.

Tags
controller, motor, torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car