lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Ryan4t4
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Angry 1993 CC DS V glide with coils - no go

Just picked up a 193 cc DS with V glide and coils. Installed new batteries (38 V across the pack) and nothing.

Last night I jumped the solenoid and cart ran.

I installed a new solenoid, have checked all wiring, microswithches and v glide and still no click from solenoid and no movement.

All micro switches seem to be clicking correctly and nothing looks burnt. What else can I check with a voltimeter? Are microswitch evaluations purely visual?
Ryan4t4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 CC DS V glide with coils - no go

Welcome to BGW Ryan Micro switches can be checked for continuity they are on/off switches.... there is one in the Vglide also .... likely your problem is in one of these switches.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
Ryan4t4
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm getting 38V across the micro in the V glide, but nothing across the micro on back of the F/R switch when in F or R with or without pedal depressed. Shouldn I see voltage across this micro switch. I assume this one is bad???
Old 12-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When you say "voltage across" where exactly are you putting your leads to test? It is an on/off switch so it only has one polarity present.... it is half of a circuit.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
Ryan4t4
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm putting the leads on the two back terminals on the micro.....getting the same reading as across the battery pack??? I assume this means the micro has good guts???

I'm going to pick up some micro switches from the CC parts store tomorrow morning and replace both since the buggars are only $5. Hope this does it....
Old 12-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You should not get a voltage reading across the two terminals of the same micro-switch. if you do that micro is likely blown and until you remove said voltage the new one will blow also. Something is connected wrong.

A circuit contains 2 polarities on 2 separate wires ( 1 positive and 1 negative) the micro is a disconnect for one of the wires in a circuit.... Re read this twice.
In order to test the switch for voltage connect the neg test lead to the main negative battery and prob the two micro terminals. One will have power with the key on... put the cart in gear to make the micro click now both terminals have power if switch is working.... that's it. A better test is a simple continuity test. Set meter to continuity and test across the switch terminals as you toggle the switch. That's a continuity test.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You should not get a voltage reading across the two terminals of the same micro-switch. if you do that micro is likely blown and until you remove said voltage the new one will blow also. Something is connected wrong.

A circuit contains 2 polarities on 2 separate wires ( 1 positive and 1 negative) the micro is a disconnect for one of the wires in a circuit.... Re read this twice.
In order to test the switch for voltage connect the neg test lead to the main negative battery and prob the two micro terminals. One will have power with the key on... put the cart in gear to make the micro click now both terminals have power if switch is working.... that's it. A better test is a simple continuity test. Set meter to continuity and test across the switch terminals as you toggle the switch. That's a continuity test.
And in a language a dumb*ss like me could understand. Pulled out what little hair I have fighting the same problem a while back. So, so, glad I found this sight. It is the bee's knee's!
tazassape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
Ryan4t4
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks Scottyb! Well put; I looked all over this site trying to figure out how to use my voltmeter correctly....

I'm going to spend the evening with a six pack and some wire cutters; replacing all the old crusty small wires. I'll try the new micro switches first thing tomorrow and hope to report back with favorable results.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Dc electronics from Dummy to Dummy
Old 12-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #10
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan4t4 View Post
Thanks Scottyb! Well put; I looked all over this site trying to figure out how to use my voltmeter correctly....

I'm going to spend the evening with a six pack and some wire cutters; replacing all the old crusty small wires. I'll try the new micro switches first thing tomorrow and hope to report back with favorable results.
not quite "for dummies" since i used schematic symbols but maybe these might help make things a little clearer...
cheers!
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: png switch_input_test.png (31.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png switch_output_test.png (34.1 KB, 5 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car