lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2022, 08:50 PM   #11
BackNine29
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Wheels/Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becker135 View Post
Thanks BackNine29. How did the tires work out. If you have no rubbing on a non-lifted Icon then it might be the wheel setoff. I'll check the difference in those you posted vs the OEM Icon 10 in the ones I have.
Thanks Becker. I have not had time to put them on since I received them. But I will report how they fit once I have time.
BackNine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2023, 12:03 AM   #12
ElJimenez
Not Yet Wild

Man, I can’t wait to hear how these fit. I have a i40, and want to mount 215/50-12’s on it. Between the rough ride and lack of clearance, I would love the extra rubber.
ElJimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 02:35 PM   #13
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becker135 View Post
I recently changed mine to the 205/65-10's and the fronts do rub when doing sharp turns. The ride difference is worth it, imo. I'm investigating adding spacers to resolve it, will post here if I do.
Did you ever figure out how to stop the rubbing? I'm not lifted and don't think the cut out in the wheel well will work, probably need to remove too much material.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 03:12 PM   #14
BackNine29
Not Yet Wild

Hello again. Here is my delayed follow-up to my earlier post about a wheel and tire upgrade on my i20 to a 205/65-10 (I have been out of action due to a serious and lengthy back injury (not related to the jolting ride of my i20!!).

In my earliet post, I mentioned that the online tire vendor rep assured me the tire would fit the i20 and would not rub. Well, he was WRONG. The new wheel does not fit because the brake caliper prevents a clean mount.

I called the company to advise of the (mis) information I received earlier from the company. The rep (different from the original) apologized and mentioned they have had quite a few wheel and tire issues lately with ICONS.

The rep was very professional and understanding about the problem and suggested I look through their catalog for 12" wheel/tire combo. He also sent me a FedEx Return Ship label to return the tires, which occurred early last week at no cost to me.

So I am back to square one on finding a larger wheel and tire for my i20 that will not rub. I do not want to mess with a lift kit (if that would even help), mainly because of my mechanical ignorance. I'm reluctant to go through the same online cart tire company based on my recent experience. I am also reluctant to go through my local ICON dealer because, frankly, it has not been timely in past unrelated inquiries to them.

If anyone has had success with an online cart tire vendor with specific ICON experience, I am very interested in knowing.

Apologies for the length of this update.
Old 03-07-2023, 08:29 AM   #15
mtollin
Gone Wild

Thanks for the follow up. I think I'm going to buy 205x55x10 Loadstars. 2 ply Nylon. They come std on the new Club Car Onward Lithium and are great on my other cart. Once my tires wear down a little farther, I'm in. Only catch is I believe they are only made for Club Car so you must buy them from a Club Car dealer. No biggie, and reasonably priced, I think retail for around $95 and fit on our 10" rims.
Old 03-07-2023, 08:59 AM   #16
BackNine29
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
Thanks for the follow up. I think I'm going to buy 205x55x10 Loadstars. 2 ply Nylon. They come std on the new Club Car Onward Lithium and are great on my other cart. Once my tires wear down a little farther, I'm in. Only catch is I believe they are only made for Club Car so you must buy them from a Club Car dealer. No biggie, and reasonably priced, I think retail for around $95 and fit on our 10" rims.
Very helpful information that I will look into. Am I correct to assume your "other cart" is an ICON for the 205/55-10 Loadstar? Thx.
Old 03-07-2023, 09:33 AM   #17
Parkside008
Not Yet Wild

Any recommendations for tires for a lifted I60L? The knobby OEMs wear out too quickly, especially as I am strictly only street riding. Would be keeping OEM wheels.
Parkside008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 04:34 PM   #18
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackNine29 View Post
Very helpful information that I will look into. Am I correct to assume your "other cart" is an ICON for the 205/55-10 Loadstar? Thx.
I have 2 carts, Advanced EV EV1 which is 2 passenger similar to Icon 20. It has terrible Wanda tires. Other Cart is the Club Car Lithium. It has the Loadstars and rides great. Sure it's more than just tires, but 55 are better than 50's and 2 ply Nylon is about as soft as you can get.

I will be putting the Loadstar on the Advanced EV after more tread wears off. Running at 14 lbs so shouldn't take too long.

Everyone here agrees 60's will fit without rubbing, but no longer can find a source, so 55's seam best without alternations.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon