lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
midtown15
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Low speed vehicle in iowa

Has anyone registered their golfcart as under the lsv code in Iowa? There is a provision for modified golfcarts that run between 20 and 25mph to be titled at an lsv. I'm trying to figure out where to get mine inspected with no luck. Just keep getting sent in a big circle.
midtown15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Low speed vehicle in iowa

I live about 12 blocks from a course in Iowa and was wondering how i could get mine Registered to drive on the roads. I just kept getting sent in that same circle!
Cmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
broncoblood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I was sent in the same circle until I finally received the correct answer. The answer is no, they will not register modified golf carts. Iowa law is carts that are manufactured as low speed vehicles, they tried to pass modified carts, but it failed. Not sure why, but it was a while ago. It may pass now if a congressman will bring it back to be in a bill.

http://search.legis.state.ia.us/nxt/gateway.dll/legarch/79ga-archive/hf/02000/hf02070/current.html?fn=document-frame.htm$f=templates$3.0

Here is what failed that hopefully can be passed.
broncoblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
midtown15
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thanks!!
midtown15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!