lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
nc66uky
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 Club Car clicks, but won't move.

I installed brand new batteries into my 2003 Club Car, switched to run, turned on the key, put in reverse and buzzer sounded. The cart didn't move. Flipped to forward and it went, then switched to reverse and it worked. Ran fine for the night and parked it. Charged it overnight and yesterday I rode it around no problems at all. I drove through our field, up the road and had no problems. Got off and on riding it multiple times throughout the day. I left it in the driveway and before I went to bed I went to park it in the garage and the cart clicked, but did not move. I tried multiple times and nothing happened. I checked battery connections, switched tow/run, turned it off and on, still nothing. When I click it in reverse the buzzer sounds, push down the pedal and it clicked, but wouldn't run. I put it into tow, pushed it into the garage and put it on charge.Today I got on the cart and the same thing happened. Will not go in forward or reverse. Reverse buzzer sounds and I hear a click. Forward I just hear a click. I'm confused about what happened. It was driving fine and after sitting for a couple hours it won't do anything. It sounds like the click is coming from the passengers side underneath.
nc66uky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Club Car clicks, but won't move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc66uky View Post
I installed brand new batteries into my 2003 Club Car, switched to run, turned on the key, put in reverse and buzzer sounded. The cart didn't move. Flipped to forward and it went, then switched to reverse and it worked. Ran fine for the night and parked it. Charged it overnight and yesterday I rode it around no problems at all. I drove through our field, up the road and had no problems. Got off and on riding it multiple times throughout the day. I left it in the driveway and before I went to bed I went to park it in the garage and the cart clicked, but did not move. I tried multiple times and nothing happened. I checked battery connections, switched tow/run, turned it off and on, still nothing. When I click it in reverse the buzzer sounds, push down the pedal and it clicked, but wouldn't run. I put it into tow, pushed it into the garage and put it on charge.Today I got on the cart and the same thing happened. Will not go in forward or reverse. Reverse buzzer sounds and I hear a click. Forward I just hear a click. I'm confused about what happened. It was driving fine and after sitting for a couple hours it won't do anything. It sounds like the click is coming from the passengers side underneath.
Double check all connections and make sure there is no damaged or frayed cables. The clicking sound you here is the solenoid. What is the voltage of each battery?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

did you wash it or anything? when you say field how high of crass or weeds.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #4
arturo
Not Yet Wild

Just because you hear a click does ot mean the solenoid is making a good internal contact...possibly a faulty or burnt solenoid.
arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

hold partial throttle and roll the cart by hand while trying to move. It sounds like a potential burnt up motor. If that's the case, often you can get it to attempt to run by rolling it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car