lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
ez pauly
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 volt wiring know how needed

Originally Posted by ez pauly
Howdee gents,
I too got me an ezgo with most of the wires disconnected. I guy I bought it from said to redrill his epoxied burnt board. I bought a new one from Powell.com for 12 bucks. I have seen conflicting diagrams. Since my serial number ends in 79 I think that 1979 is what I have. WIRING using the attached diagram leaves a few unanswered questions...so here goes

1. I have 4 wires from the coils ok np there, (i know u dont wire the first puck but I have another one from the a2 motor position labeled 4 and the drawing is unclear to me where it goes.

A tech told me it goes to the last puck #4 puck and shares the number four position. Is this correct? If so then he gave me conflicting advise because he also said A2 goes to battery ground. aye yi yi...(thats my labeled extra number four)

the drawing has the a1 and a2 going to the f&r switch he said they go to the batteries.

The drawing says the f2goes the final negative post on the batteries he said it goes to the reverse on the f&r switch

2. Next I have a microswitch that seems to want to be mounted to ride the cam of the throttle at on the Accelerator Switch Assembly similiar to t6he one I borrowed in my drawing but on the other side of the board. Is this the correct location?

The F&R only has one micro switch so the drawing is not getting me all the way home..so far I used the ms2 paths so from the solonoid to the nc from the c to the key from the key to the F&R switch i dont really know what to do with the gw wire now from the middle of my accerator MS3.

3 Does the Main Accelerator Switch Assembly power go to the solonoid? if so what side it correct?

I have currently followed the drawing but I am dead in the water so far.
The F&R bottom post going to the number four accelerator puck makes no sense to me either also o n the drawing whats up with the left hand solonoid showing the center accelerator going to it and antother wire going from ther to the number one puck?? wow help.......

below are the pics can anybody speak authoritativly on this I am on the hook for a birthday party ride please help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN486020.JPG (36.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4862 (1)20.JPG (59.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN485920.JPG (53.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo1rt4[1].jpg (30.2 KB, 53 views)
ez pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
ez pauly
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1979 is not correctled covered in any diagrams on this site from what I see

I finally got some pictures from the previous owner it is so different from drawings here but i may be runnin tonight

Seems the solonoid goes to the left F&R
The battery pos goes to the lower F&R
A2 to the right side F&R
A1 to the battery neg

Still working on where the f1 and f2 go as his pics are unclear
Also on a SINGLE microswitch configuration for the F&R
THe greew white wire connected to both small solonoid posts with the diode in the middle
the small post next to the accelerator side large post also gets a shared green and white with the blue wire running to the single microswitch behind the F&R the other wire from that microswitch runs to the ignition.
the ignition completes the loop and goes to the small post on next to the large post that goest to the F&R

There u have it I should be running tonight or exiting my ceiling at somethere near mach 1....
ANYBODYKNOW??? where the f1 and f2 go??
ez pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO