lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
my70ghia
Not Yet Wild

Default Electrical ingition issue

I have a 1977 EZ-GO gas that will run forward only if you touch a 12v feed to the + side of the coil then it continues to run after you remove the source.In rev it will start by suppling the 12v but quits if you remove it. It will not start if you do not supply the coil 12v .It seems the wiring is correct except for the kill switch/start on the throttle pedal is out of the loop.Someone put a push button crank switch to crank the motor.Will replacing the switch fix the starting problem ?
my70ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electrical ingition issue

the accelerator switch is designed to pass 12v at any time the engine is running (IE it stays constantly when the pedal is pushed) so if it was replaced with a momemtary-type pushbutton, yes that could easily be your trouble (as once you release the pushbutton switch you are killling the 12v to your ignition that you need to stay running) ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
my70ghia
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electrical ingition issue

Yeah I figured that. it's why does run after you remove the 12 v feed (forward) at all it should quit .It quits if it's in rev after you remove the 12v feed but run continous in forward once it's been started. Thanks for responding and any help you can send my way in the future will be apprecaited
my70ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO