lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Which speed setting am I likely set to?

My cart came off a golf course, got a backseat installed on it, and then was sold to me. I took it from there. I finally got around to running a flat road with a gps based iphone speedometer app and it averaged right around 16.5mph with 23" tires. Am I set on 2?

I know a programmer is required to bump it up but a CC code is only required for setting 4, right? Last month I stopped into a used cart dealer and asked about bumping mine up and the owner told me, if he had a programmer, which he didn't, I'd still have to buy a code from CC to make any changes. That's not what I've read around here. But, since he didn't have a programmer, I didn't bother to try and argue with the guy.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Which speed setting am I likely set to?

My cart is set to code 3. I'm running 15 with stock wheels and tires. Your cart is most likely set on code 3 and your getting a bit more speed with the larger wheel/tires. You will need to purchase the code from CC and have a dealer program it for you to select code 4. Cost should be around $125 total. You should get a 4 to 5 mph increase with code 4. You'll find this info in the archives here. If you are set on code 2, any dealer with a programmer can bump you to code 3 without a code from CC and you should see a 4 to 5 mph bump. Cost for this should be around $50.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
jaytee50
JT!

Club Car

You only have to buy a code for setting 4.
Some shops may charge you for their time, but there is no CC fee for the lesser settings.
jaytee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
My cart came off a golf course, got a backseat installed on it, and then was sold to me. I took it from there. I finally got around to running a flat road with a gps based iphone speedometer app and it averaged right around 16.5mph with 23" tires. Am I set on 2?

I know a programmer is required to bump it up but a CC code is only required for setting 4, right? Last month I stopped into a used cart dealer and asked about bumping mine up and the owner told me, if he had a programmer, which he didn't, I'd still have to buy a code from CC to make any changes. That's not what I've read around here. But, since he didn't have a programmer, I didn't bother to try and argue with the guy.
I've attached the speed settings from CC. If you want Private Code 4 you will have to purchase it from a CC dealer, (see attached instruction sheet from CC.) They will need your VIN as well as the code off of your controller. It runs around $100 to $125 from most to get it and then program it in your cart. Mine ran at 19 MPH with code 3 and 22" tires, then with code 4 got just over 20MPH.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speed settings.jpg (78.9 KB, 21 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Speed Code 4.pdf (946.6 KB, 12 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car