lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
knifeman
Not Yet Wild

Default Toughest suspension lift available?

Currently I have a BU 6 inch spindle lift on my 88 club car that I use for hunting and work around our land in WV. Well the Terrian is rough and the hills are steep causing the lift to last me no more than a couple of days before I trashed the factory steering box. I could buy a new steering box and make some sort of steering stop to prevent over steering from happening but I just dont think the factory steering box is all that strong and is not made to handle offroad conditions. Any lift that uses front factory parts will be too week for offroad use in my area especially the steering box.

So Im interested in one of those complete new IFS systems that replaces the entire front end. Which ones are available and which one is the absolute STRONGEST. I know of jakes, stretch plastics, and terra toys; are there any others? So far I like the jakes the best as they seem to have the best reputation but know little about the others. Any help would be much appreciated.
knifeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
motoman197
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Toughest suspension lift available?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9387/52568041ve4.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/867/48535943hg9.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8793/14331745zi3.jpg

theres some pics of mine. i love it! hammered the crap out of it with no problem. the only part i would consider adding to it would be some nice king or fox shocks instead of those junky chrome coilovers that came with it. they actually work okay though. just not like a trophy truck or anything. good luck! hope this helps
motoman197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Ron @ECC highly recommends the Jakes long travel...that will be the one I buy! BTW, your handle "knifeman", does it mean anything? I'm a knife collector that's why I ask! Good Luck.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

The factory Club Car steering box is extremely strong. Its age (on a 1988 anyway) is probably its downfall. If you put a brand new one on today, you're going to replace a WHOLE lot more things before the steering box goes again. That is unless you get one from BU, then you should just set up a weekly box shipment because theirs are junk. Also, a Jakes lift will not cause the problems you mentioned because it's a whole helluva lot better of a lift than any BU could dream to hope to be.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
knifeman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for those pics, that lift looks really good and I like the fact that its not too wide like the others. Id really hate to buy another factory steering box only to have this happen again so I think id rather go with a jakes IFS. Plus the ride and articulation of the spindle lift is not very good.

I also saw this lift on cartpartsplus.com

Who makes this lift and is it any good?

BRS, Im a Knife Dealer. Been doing it full time for about 5 years now and love it.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 AM   #6
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tom @ CCP sells great stuff!!! No junk on BGW!!!!!!
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:50 AM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeman View Post
Thanks for those pics, that lift looks really good and I like the fact that its not too wide like the others. Id really hate to buy another factory steering box only to have this happen again so I think id rather go with a jakes IFS. Plus the ride and articulation of the spindle lift is not very good.

I also saw this lift on cartpartsplus.com

Who makes this lift and is it any good?

BRS, Im a Knife Dealer. Been doing it full time for about 5 years now and love it.
That lift is made by All Sports, as tungpo1 said, Tom CPP doesn't sell any
junk!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #8
knifeman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help everyone. Looks like Jakes is the way to go for a tough lift.

Also does anyone know of a good place to get the Jakes IFS lift for an 88 club car?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #9
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

We can help you with a jakes or allsports. Not trying to talk you out of a Jakes as it is a quality lift but the allsports long travel comes with the rack and pinion, Plus they have a 100% buy back guarantee if your not satisfied.
Hey just somthing to consider...
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #10
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

I've seen more broken allsports than I have seen broken Jakes, and I've installed more Jakes than I have Allsports...

It's a five mile drive to allsports front door for me, and I still order in jakes lifts...
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts