lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #11
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bucks in velvet

My plan is to make one. I have a welder and some scap 1" square for the frame. Will buy the flat expanded metal for the bottom and sides. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. I also made a new friend that's a commercial welder and he's been threatening to scrounge me up some aluminum and TIG a basket together out of that. I'd like that. We'll see how it all plays out.

Thanks for the info. If hunting season gets to me before I have it made I'll be buying something for sure.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Here's another update. We're now calling these 3 bucks the 3 amigos. I think they've gotten fat on the protein feed. We're also starting to see fawns show up at the feeders.

George
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ICAM0836.JPG (168.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg ICAM0094.JPG (161.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #13
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

I was just at the lease this past weekend hog hunting. Didn't see any pigs to shoot, but did collect pictures. Turns out one of the 10pt bucks in the pictures above is an 11 point. Now we have 4 bucks coming to the protein feeder - 7, 8, 10 and 11 pointers. Did get some hog pictures including one very large sow. Sure wish I'd have seen her, that's some sausage there for sure.

George
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buck_qtet.jpg (17.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg buck_11pt.jpg (17.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Field-coon_prob-5.jpg (23.4 KB, 21 views)
Old 08-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #14
jdinville3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Them are some nice targets in those pic's..... should make a good season for you....

Did you make your feeder or is it bought?

Goodluck and keep us posted.
jdinville3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #15
hotmomma
Wildly Wicked!

E-Z-GO

...Yum, makes me hungry for some deer steaks, mashed potatoes, gravy...
hotmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

We made that protein feeder. Our regular deer feeders we feed corn out of are all commercial feeder timers/motors. We sometimes make our own winch up barrels. I really like the Moultrie feeder timers.

We had venison bok choy stir fry last night for supper with baked egg rolls made of ground wild turkey. It was to die for, one of my favorite meals. My wife kept reminding me that she'd used the last package of ground turkey. I shot an old tom turkey last fall and ground him up. Looks like I'm gonna be pretty serious come fall turkey season. I do love deer steak too, we normally do baked potato with it and I cut the taters in half and finish them on the grill too.

Glad its almost lunch time.

George
Old 08-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #17
hotmomma
Wildly Wicked!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstoneberg View Post
We made that protein feeder. Our regular deer feeders we feed corn out of are all commercial feeder timers/motors. We sometimes make our own winch up barrels. I really like the Moultrie feeder timers.

We had venison bok choy stir fry last night for supper with baked egg rolls made of ground wild turkey. It was to die for, one of my favorite meals. My wife kept reminding me that she'd used the last package of ground turkey. I shot an old tom turkey last fall and ground him up. Looks like I'm gonna be pretty serious come fall turkey season. I do love deer steak too, we normally do baked potato with it and I cut the taters in half and finish them on the grill too.

Glad its almost lunch time.

George
10-4 on the almost lunch time! All the food talk this morning has made my stomach remind me that I didnt eat since lunch yesterday...
Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #18
TeamRMS
Hey Wally, its the Beaver

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmomma View Post
...Yum, makes me hungry for some deer steaks, mashed potatoes, gravy...
Or some deer sausage cooked in beer and butter & onions with some kraut and a nice cold one.
TeamRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #19
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmomma View Post
...has made my stomach remind me that I didnt eat since lunch yesterday...
I don't think I've ever said that...perhaps that's why I'm shaped like a pear? Don't care much though.

Deer sausage is good stuff for sure. Down here in Texas I shoot enough hogs that I don't make the venison into sausage anymore. Wild pork makes great sausage. OK, now I'm really hungry.

George
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #20
hotmomma
Wildly Wicked!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstoneberg View Post
I don't think I've ever said that...perhaps that's why I'm shaped like a pear? Don't care much though.

Deer sausage is good stuff for sure. Down here in Texas I shoot enough hogs that I don't make the venison into sausage anymore. Wild pork makes great sausage. OK, now I'm really hungry.

George
Pear pie...now I want dessert too..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing