lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
jcourtney986
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Help me pick controller upgrade for PDS.

I've searched the forum and it sounds like Alltrax is the way to go. I've poked around the sponsors and understand the pricing of a 400 vs. a 600 amp. It seems that if I'm keeping my stock motor (on lifted PDS) that a 500 should be plenty.

Now, what does programmable do for me and is it worth the extra $?

How much speed should I expect to pick up and will the controller help with hill climb also? I'm at 17 mph now, and we have one big hill that slows me to about 5 mph.

And, I've traded PMs with Andy, but still trying to make sure that the freedom chip or combo from Andy, will still benefit me once making the switch to the new controller.

Lastly, I saw a few posts on the Logissystem 480 as being a good money saving alternative, but I don't think they are programmable?

Thoughts?
jcourtney986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Help me pick controller upgrade for PDS.

You won't need any chip if you get an Alltrax controller. Only the stock controllers use the "chip".

Logisystems are not programabe.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

we like and sell the 500 amp alltrax
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
jcourtney986
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks! I'm learning that the controller won't do much for me (maybe torque, but not really speed) beyond the chip other than I might burn the existing controller up - with no expected harm to anything else. So, I'm inclined to go with the chip and hold on the controller.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

the 500 amp alltrax gives you speed and torque with 23" tall tires we have had them run up to 25 mph and climb most hills
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

The SEPEX Alltrax WILL give you more speed. They modify the feild map for more power, speed etc. The series Alltrax controllers are the ones you are thinking that will just give torque. They will however give you more speed up a hill because you have more torque available to pull the hill.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
txd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

i just spoke with logisystems and they do not have a controller for a regen system that is on the ezgos
txd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
jcourtney986
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks. I guess I'm not familiar with the SEPEX Alltrax controllers. Does that mean programmable?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
Ramair26
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm also looking at the Alltrax DCX 500 controller and was told the pds cart will do 24 mph with factory tires and this controller. With your taller tires I would think it would be faster. Also had a friend with a pds cart 23" tires stock control with speed chip 22-23 mph and burnt the control up. Can anyone verify 24 mph speed with Alltrax DCX 500 and factory tires? Let us know what you decide on and how it works out.
Ramair26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:16 AM   #10
Jibba
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcourtney986 View Post
Thanks! I'm learning that the controller won't do much for me (maybe torque, but not really speed) beyond the chip other than I might burn the existing controller up - with no expected harm to anything else. So, I'm inclined to go with the chip and hold on the controller.
You should look into going 48volts with the 500amp controller. And then you won't even know that your on a hill
Jibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO