lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2018, 08:35 PM   #1
Jmcguire1204
Not Yet Wild

Default Accelerator petal for a 1984 Club Car

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum and an owner of my 1st cart. I worked a barter for the above cart. It's a good unit, it needed a new battery, so I took care of that right out. But I am having a continued issue with the accerlator petal. It's all bent and stripped out. I've hard to get under and repair it 3 or 4 times already. I think it's now beyond repair and needs to be replaced.
I've searched the web for a replacement, but I can't seem to locate anyone that has one from this year model.
Would anyone have a lead OR have a petal for sale that would fit this cart? I own a homestead in SW Va. and this cart REALLY helps with all the chores!! Thanks for any leads or info. Thanks !!!
Jmcguire1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2018, 02:18 AM   #2
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Accelerator petal for a 1984 Club Car

Welcome to the madness.
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:31 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Post in the "Carts and Parts" section what you need.

Describe year, gas or electric so folks can help you out.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:31 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:36 PM   #5
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

I had the same thing i found a long thread ball stud was able to get a nut on the other side of footpedal works like a dream
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:43 PM   #6
Jmcguire1204
Not Yet Wild

The ball stud snapped off, so it made it more of a reason to replace it. My issue is the petal kept bending right where the set screw attached it to the brake assembly. I'm still looking for a replacement. Gonna go post it in the parts section.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:54 PM   #7
Jmcguire1204
Not Yet Wild

Well I tried to post it in Carts n Parts but I guess I don't have nuff posts. ����
Old 11-29-2018, 10:24 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What part keeps bending? Is the linkage rod damaged or dragging on the frame? When disconnected from the pedal is the linkage difficult to move by hand?
Those little ball studs don’t hold up to much force. The linkage should move fairly easily. If it’s tough to move you need to go through the whole throttle mechanism and find what’s binding.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car