lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
Strechcartstrong
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default steering hang-up every half turn of the steering wheel.

My new to me 2002 Club Car Transporter 6 (mouth full) is having a steering issue. Every half turn of the steering wheel the steering will bind up requiring substantial force to continue the turn. when I picked up the cart all of the front end bushings were dry rotted and have been replaced. along with the kingpins. During replacement I noticed that the cart had hit something. The forward bushing location on the drivers side Delta A Plate was oval and no longer round (placed in a vise and used hammer to return it to round). Also upon inspection the brake switch and bracket were bent and broken. Leading me to the conclusion of the cart hitting something.

I have inspected the shock tower(using the sticky post about that topic) and it looks straight. Is it possible the steering column is bent? Any direction would be appreciated.
Strechcartstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: steering hang-up every half turn of the steering wheel.

Sounds like the steering knuckle is binding, needs replacing give Dave a call at revolution carts and he should be able to help you out.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
Strechcartstrong
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
Sounds like the steering knuckle is binding, needs replacing give Dave a call at revolution carts and he should be able to help you out.
Thank you. I wasn’t sure if that was a part that could become worn out or not. Appreciate the response.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #4
Strechcartstrong
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Alright here is where I am as of now. I contacted Dave and sent him some pictures. Looks like the shock tower is fine. Pulled the steering knuckle and cleaned all the gunk off of it. That looks fine. Replaced knuckle and still had the problem. Pulled the knuckle back off and turned the tires left and right by hand. I could feel and see a definite catch and jump in the wheels. I pulled the steering box off and slid the arms left and right. They seem noisy and a bit stiff. I’m thinking the problem may be here.

Tags
binding, steering
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car