lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
grmoudry
Not Yet Wild

Default Running Time 48V Batteries Precedent 2006, Purchase Side Curtains

Purchased a used 2006 Precedent with 2007 batteries, 48V. After driving the neighborhood for about 4 hours the car has to be recharged. An owner's manual did not come with the car so we are having trouble reading the orange battery meter. We have been stranded and had to be pulled to the house. This cart replaces a 1996 ezgo electric which would run all day without recharging. What is the average running time for this car?

Do you know where we can purchase side curtains?
grmoudry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Default Re: Running Time 48V Batteries Precedent 2006, Purchase Side Curtains

I think the question would be "what kind of shape are my batteries in?"...but four hours that's alot of running!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum grmoudry................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:45 AM   #4
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

With the info you supplied, I have no reason to believe the charger is not functioning correctly. At 4 hours of continous running? Lets be easy on the speed here, at 10 mph that is 40 miles! Shoot, I know you are running 15 so now we are at 60 miles per charge. Don't think you will beat that unless you convert to 6- 8 volts and even then, you may not gain anything. I wish my Precedent would run 40 miles on a charge. Maybe one day when I get new batteries and then if it lasted that long, I would be tickled!

On the amber battery light, The purpose it is to alert you with problems in the charging circuit or the batteries themselves. The light will illuminate if the "no load" drops below 48Volts, meaning if the cart sits and the batteries drain below 48 volts. The light will come on if the batteries discharge more than 75% of the rated capacity (under load), while you are running it. It will also come on if the charge looses a/c power while charging the batteries.

Here is one way to check that you are charging fully.

You can also watch the light when you unplug the charger and IF the batteries are not fully charged (greater than 90%) when you unplug the charger, the light will come on for about 10 seconds or so then go off.

To be honest, I would not touch a thing for now and maybe change your driving habits some. Are you running lights, or a stereo?

-Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmoudry View Post
Purchased a used 2006 Precedent with 2007 batteries, 48V. After driving the neighborhood for about 4 hours the car has to be recharged. An owner's manual did not come with the car so we are having trouble reading the orange battery meter. We have been stranded and had to be pulled to the house. This cart replaces a 1996 ezgo electric which would run all day without recharging. What is the average running time for this car?

Do you know where we can purchase side curtains?
AugustaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
deerfly
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here's a place to Google for curtains: TheClubHouse. I bought from them and am very satisfied.
deerfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE CLICK ON ( SITE SPONSORS)
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car