lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
robms
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Club Car Precedent...solenoid double click

Hey folks....been away for a little while, and ran into a problem with a cart I am working on. Came here for advice, but for some reason, I can't get into my old account. The "if you forgot your password" button and emailing me link didn't work. So I just created a new account. Wish I could get my old one back.

ANYHOW.....Have this '09 Precedent that a customer sent me. Evidently she had mice in the battery box and got them out. No visible chewed wires. She believes she caught them in time before they got too bad. She decided to wash away the crud left by the mice and used a water hose to wash the tops of the batteries.

After she washed the batteries, she said the cart wouldn't run. I've read that normally, you let everything dry out and things go back to normal. It's been weeks and still nothing.

Here's what I've discovered. I replaced the solenoid (didn't know about the wetting of the batteries at this time). With solenoid installed, I press the gas pedal and the solenoid clicks, then clicks again quickly. So it engages, then disengages. No movement from the cart.

I disconnected the yellow wire from the solenoid and performed same test. Solenoid seemed to hold when pedal pushed and disconnected when letting off pedal.....as it should. BUT If you push the pedal and quickly let off, you hear the "click" "click" from the solenoid. But after that, if you press the pedal, you get nothing. No click from solenoid. I connect the yellow wire back up, key off, toggle tow/run switch and try it again. Same results. With pedal pushed, the solenoid connects, then disconnects within 1 second.

Any ideas????? I'm extremely comfortable with gas carts, but I can't wrap my head around the electric....and don't know how to troubleshoot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
robms is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car