lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #1
cfuller
Not Yet Wild

Default New Club Car DS Jeep build

Finally had a chance to start tear down of the cart. Unfortunately new wheels are still back-ordered and Jeep Body is still being made so I figured I would just get a jump on all the other odds and ends. I won’t lift the cart until I get the new wheels in, don’t want to be rolling around on a 6” lift with tiny tires haha
Progress so far, roof ripped off, cleaned up and sprayed in black bed liner, aluminum roof/windscreen support painted black, all bolts sprayed with roll bar black paint to clean them all up. Front seats 80% complete with reupholstered in black and silver “carbon fiber” marine vinyl with red stitching, seat support sprayed in roll bar black to continue clean look. Wood look dash swapped out for carbon look dash, new steering wheel installed, and got started on rear flip up seat. Hope to find a few hours tonight to get the front seat stapled, rear seat finished and throw the roof back on to get it rolling again until the wheels and body show up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seat.jpg (75.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash install1.jpg (107.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Steering Wheel1.jpg (99.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Flip Up seat1.jpg (89.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Bolts.jpg (84.5 KB, 0 views)
cfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
cfuller
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Club Car DS Jeep build

Parts List:
Purchased
6" Lift
14" Madjax Transformers with 22" Timberwolf AT tires
Jeep Body sprayed in gray "Linex"
Black Diamond plate rockers
Carbon look Dash
Carbon marine vinyl
4 Kicker 6.5" marine component set
10" JBL MPS-1000 Loaded marine grade sub
Kicker 400w Marine amp

Still researching
4-1/2" LED headlights
Rear LED tail lights
Front brush gaurd
ATV winch
Speaker Pods
Optima Blue top for audio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart Jeep Kit.jpg (135.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart Wheels-Tires.jpg (98.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart Lift Kit.jpg (65.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart Front.jpg (174.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart Running Boards.jpg (73.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfuller View Post
Parts List:
Purchased
6" Lift
14" Madjax Transformers with 22" Timberwolf AT tires
Jeep Body sprayed in gray "Linex"
Black Diamond plate rockers
Carbon look Dash
Carbon marine vinyl
4 Kicker 6.5" marine component set
10" JBL MPS-1000 Loaded marine grade sub
Kicker 400w Marine amp

Still researching
4-1/2" LED headlights
Rear LED tail lights
Front brush gaurd
ATV winch
Speaker Pods
Optima Blue top for audio
cfuller you are going to have one sweet cart when that thing is done, and it seems you are going about it first class!

Couple or so questions. You say the body has not yet been built. ($899 your other thread). Is that pick up only? Did you make a special deal? Asking because after I finish a project or two here I might just make road trip to get one at that price. How long does it take them to make it?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:39 PM   #4
cfuller
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
cfuller you are going to have one sweet cart when that thing is done, and it seems you are going about it first class!

Couple or so questions. You say the body has not yet been built. ($899 your other thread). Is that pick up only? Did you make a special deal? Asking because after I finish a project or two here I might just make road trip to get one at that price. How long does it take them to make it?

Thank you, I'm excited to see it all come together. Body was on eBay listed for $899, but on their web site I think they have it listed for $1,999. They happen to be manufactured in Florida so I figured I would save the shipping cash and pick it up myself. They build each one to order with a lead time of around 15 business days they said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2017, 08:28 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

going to be a cool build. If your custom front clip is anything like mine, be prepared to work. That thing was a real pain to get installed. They told me it was "bolt on" and it was far from that! Took a day+ of cutting and lining up to get it to sit proper. I had to be extra careful because it was delivered painted so I had to cut the body to fit. If possible do the test fit before its all painted. Front is heavy too. Have almost gone through a front set of tires in just over a year and the backs which were installed at same time are almost new.

Good luck though, when you are done you will love it. Nobody else in the area will have a cart as cool as yours I'm sure.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #6
cfuller
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
going to be a cool build. If your custom front clip is anything like mine, be prepared to work. That thing was a real pain to get installed. They told me it was "bolt on" and it was far from that! Took a day+ of cutting and lining up to get it to sit proper. I had to be extra careful because it was delivered painted so I had to cut the body to fit. If possible do the test fit before its all painted. Front is heavy too. Have almost gone through a front set of tires in just over a year and the backs which were installed at same time are almost new.

Good luck though, when you are done you will love it. Nobody else in the area will have a cart as cool as yours I'm sure.

Yea, I'm hoping for a good fit but if not mine is just coming primed so I won't have to be as careful trying to get it fit. Once I get it all lined up I'll be able to pull it off and shoot it with the gray linex paint.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:23 AM   #7
cfuller
Not Yet Wild

Made some progress and got the cart back together. Rear seat installed, roof mounted, and front seats covered. Ordered HD rear leaf springs and Monroe 31176 shocks per other builds I've seen on BGW and new clear windscreen today, so now I'm just in a holding pattern until the Jeep body is finished or my new wheels are tires show up so i can get this thing lifted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roof1.jpg (84.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Rear Seat.jpg (107.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front Seat Stitching.jpg (67.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Steering wheel with dash.jpg (128.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Awesome project!! I'm watching!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #9
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking good, love that steering wheel!
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:10 PM   #10
cfuller
Not Yet Wild

Default New Club Car DS Jeep build

More toys showed up today, new clear windscreen, HD rear leaf springs, new break shoes, and shocks. Still just waiting till the new wheels show up so I can rip the suspension apart and install the 6" lift kit and all the new goodies.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car