lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
Walter Hudiburg
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ go chargers

I'm new to this but have worked on chargers and carts in the past. I have acess to some old chargers which I'm going to try to take parts from some and hopefully make a few good ones. I'm somewhat familiar with electronics and found a wiring diagram of EZ go chargers BUT it appears it is for a newer charger. What I have are the old textron chargers with timers on them, not automatic ones. I need any info on testing the various components, ie transformer, bridge rectifier and a wiring diagram for these old chargers. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanx
Walter Hudiburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
birdmandave
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ go chargers

I am not sure about your questions, but I have one for you are you will to get rid of one. You see I need on
Thanks David
birdmandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Walter Hudiburg
Not Yet Wild

Sorry David. I'm working on these for a golf course as a volunteer, something to keep me off the streets during the winter. They have 14 chargers, some I think date back to the 40's. When I get what I can working, I'll start work on the 20 some junk carts they have sitting around. Should keep me busy for a few years.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
birdmandave
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

You are correct on that.......I started with the one I got a a project with my son and we have had a great time.....We are getting things that need work and do research and work on it together....if is gets fixed great if not we had a good time working on it together.....that is why I am looking for one for the old textron 3 wheeler that I got ......It takes a long time to break down the batteries into 24 volt sections and use a boat charger...the kids love the cart and son is even looking at new thigs..he is 10
Old 10-31-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
Walter Hudiburg
Not Yet Wild

Dave May I suggest asking around some of your public golf courses. Most public courses here in SE Kansas have a bunch of junk ones around and many time you can get two or three and make one. Have fun.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
birdmandave
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Good Idea.......I do not have a lot around here I am going to try it though...thanks
david
Old 11-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Close to Girard?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #8
Walter Hudiburg
Not Yet Wild

About 60 miles South West of Girard. I play golf there once a year in a Seniors group.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO