lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
FreeRide199
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1986 EZGO swap options

Looking to upgrade the motor in my cart without too much modification, i was gunna get a 377 twin bombardier sled engine and put in it but for that to work i would have to mount it where you would put your golf bags and i dont want to do that as i would like to take passengers. So my question is can i mount a 18hp briggs in it with little modification? I dont mind if i have to flip the axle or what just want it under the seat. Btw my rear diff set up is the one where the clutche runs the same direction as the rear axle
FreeRide199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
nhoffman94
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 EZGO swap options

get an axle out of a later 4 stroke or swap in a 4 stroke transaxle. I bought my ezgo with a sled engine and am now doing a briggs swap. I welded a clubcar 4 stroke transaxle to the stock ezgo axle mounts so i could mount motor under the seat and also have forward and reverse
nhoffman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #3
FreeRide199
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

right on not too worried about the reverse as they will cut pretty sharp as is but if the axle has it thats all right, another thing is wonder how hard its gunna be to find a axle in this small town
FreeRide199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
nhoffman94
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i live in chicago, and i found mine on a farm about 80 miles from chicago. you can look on ebay but it will be prety expensive. ill post the link to my build thread
Old 09-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
nhoffman94
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...win-build.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!