lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Rose
Not Yet Wild

Default seat belt for rear seat

I have a 2007 precedent club car . I would like to find a seat belt for the rear seat.( A lap belt)The seat folds down to make a flat storage area in back. Do I need to buy the bracket? Or can I just bolt it to the bottom of the seat. I thought about the retractable ones, but I'm not sure if I can still let my seat out with those. I am a new golf cart owner and would appreciate any advice . Thanks
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: seat belt for rear seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
I have a 2007 precedent club car . I would like to find a seat belt for the rear seat.( A lap belt)The seat folds down to make a flat storage area in back. Do I need to buy the bracket? Or can I just bolt it to the bottom of the seat. I thought about the retractable ones, but I'm not sure if I can still let my seat out with those. I am a new golf cart owner and would appreciate any advice . Thanks
Go to Everythingcarts.com (or one of our other sponsors) and search on seat belts and you will find several options.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Rose, welcome....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I mount all belts to extra long bolts where front seat back rest mounts to rear body. Best place I have found and maybe clear of your fold down seat?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
Rose
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! I actually saw the kind of seat belt I want on this site. Carguy had a picture in one of his posts with a lap belt going across the back seat. I can't seem to find that pic again though. I want to show my husband so he can see how it works. I haven't been on here long enough to pm someone yet. Also if I decide to go with the retractable seat belts I still don't know if they fit a back seat on a 2007 precedent club car. This site sells the retractable belts for 158.00 and if I knew they would work on the back seat I would be all set! thanks again for the replies.....Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I personally stay away from retractable belts as they are exposed to weather and cleaning and soon make them useless? I get the standard belts and can afford several sets for the price over retractables. Yes they dont look as nice and clean looking retracted BUT?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
sophie814
Not Yet Wild

I read that the lap belt kind bounce around when not in use and make tons of noise. Another older thread said to buy the retractable kind (expensive in my eyes). Does anyone else have a view on that who actually has the lap kind? Do they make annoying noise compared to the retractable? Anyone have pictures on how they install? I am clueless and wonder if I will be able to figure it out. (new cart owner and not mechanically inclined)

Thanks!
sophie814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #8
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

They sell metal brackets that they bolt to and belts on e-bay. Hope this helps.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I'm at work and can't post pics, but I have the retractable ones. I have seen the floppy ones and yes they are noisy and "flop" around. The retractables will mount on an '07 with fold down seat. If you keep your cart in the garage, like I do, weather is not a problem. Get 2 belts, as 1 is not a smart option.

My local shop charges about $100.00 to install them. Small price for the safety of your kids
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car