lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
dtide
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default could it be the obc

I have a 2001 Club Car DS And no matter if its plugged into the charger or not the next day when you go to take off in it you have to hit the accelerator three or more time could this be the obc. You do hear the solenoid click when you hit the pedal but it wont take off till at least 3 full pushes on the pedal. Thank you in advance for any help......
dtide is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: could it be the obc

Are You sure what You hear is the solenoid and not just the pedal activated micro-switch?

If the sound is from the Solenoid, then the OBC can not be the problem.

Is this a Series or Regen cart?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:56 PM   #3
dtide
Getting Wild
Club Car

Its a regen and I fell pretty sure it the solenoid. Its coming from that area and its to loud for a micro switch
Old 12-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those old Regen systems seem to develop some odd problems that are hard to track down.

Do You have 1 or 2 solenoids?

In either case the OBC provided the power to the Solenoid, so if it is clicking, the OBC is good.

Have You tested the solenoid to make sure it is closing when You hear the click?
Old 12-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #5
dtide
Getting Wild
Club Car

it has 1 solenoid and I have not only because when I first got it, it did nothing so I put a new solenoid on and still nothing so I put the old one back on then I unplugged the run/tow switch to test the switch saw some corrosion cleaned it. The switch tested good. Put it back together and it would then move has not quit completely since then today the problem seemed a little worse I was in reverse and it would click sometimes but not till I put it in forward and hit the pedal a couple of times would it go
Old 12-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

First, here is the wiring diagram for reference:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...oid_wiring.jpg
Since You found some corrosion earlier, try to locate the "Sonic Weld" (to the right of the Tow/Run switch on the diagram), that connection distributes power from the OBC to the rest of the circuit.

They look like the picture below and can cause bad connection problems:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...sonic_weld.jpg
The micro switch in the MCOR is working if the Solenoid clicks.

You may want to pump the pedal about 50 times just to make sure the MCOR resistance track is not oxidized.

If the old Tow/Run switch was failing while running (previous owner), the OLD Solenoid contacts are probably shot and they could be causing this issue as well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car