lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
speedzone9
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default want to add lights and marker lights

Hello I have a 98 electric club car and it has no lights I want to add marker lights around it and head lights I was going to hook them up to my batteries. my question is can I do this or do I have to add a battery for my accessories? also do I need a convertor of any kind? I'm a newbe to the world of carts.
speedzone9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: want to add lights and marker lights

You can hook to 2 six volt batteries to get power for 12VDC accessories. Thats not the best way to do it because it can cause battery imbalance issues. Generally those 2 won't last as long as the others.

The 2 best ways are
1. another 12 vdc deep cycle battery or
2. if your strapped for room you can use a 36-12 VDC reducer.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
hawgs
Getting Wild

If you were to add another 12v deep cycle battery... is there an easy way to charge it other than hooking a car charger up to it? Wonder how long a 12v deep cycle would last running lights and such.
hawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I placed a small SLA (sealed lead acid) battery in my glove box. The size they use in ride on toys or electric scooters. I use a ciggarette lighter plug to charge the battery so I never have to pull the battery out to access it. You will have to modify a plug (the male end) to charge....you could use a small battery tender to keep it charged. It works great for running a small set of lights but not much more. The more efficiant the light the better because the battery is small. I think I ran about 2 nights before having to recharge.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #5
Robow
Not Yet Wild

What about those square batteries that go in the bigger flash lights, the ones you can replace 4 D batteries? I forget what size they are but we use the rechargable type in our trail cameras at our hunting property. Heck the T-cams we use comes with a small solar panel for longer battery life!
Robow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car