lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
wilmash
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 04 precedent

my 04 precedent has decided it needs new batteries. i have driven this cart almost daily. would never consider changing to 8vs unless they stop making them. any suggestions other than trogans. sams club does not offer 12v. is there a blemish or other available.
wilmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 04 precedent

Did you read the STICKIES listed as "Golf Cart Battery Comparisons" they will give you some good sound information on most purchased batterys and to answer your question there are blems and seconds available as they are called REJECTS that get labeled as whatever brand store that sells dirt cheap? You have a late model quality cart that you want less than quality batterys for it, and is this REALLY what you want? You may possibly have gone through one set of 12 volt batterys in your Precedent and now ready for your second set? and now want to go the cheap route? While 8 volt batterys carts, that batterys were broken in correctly and maintained correctly would be still running on orginal batterys?? You are aware that Club Car has given up on 12 volt batterys and converted them back to 8 volt batterys? What you are looking to do the same as putting a Volkswagen engine in a Audi and expect it to perform like an Audie?
I wish you all the luck in your search and hope you can find what suit you best.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmash View Post
my 04 precedent has decided it needs new batteries. i have driven this cart almost daily. would never consider changing to 8vs unless they stop making them. any suggestions other than trogans. sams club does not offer 12v. is there a blemish or other available.
Wow this must be some kind of record. I thought I was doing good with my 2006 12Volts. I understand you drive it every day, but you must not drive it far. You'll get more range with the 8 Volts but if the 12s are working for you I see no reason in converting either.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
wilmash
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: 04 precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Wow this must be some kind of record. I thought I was doing good with my 2006 12Volts. I understand you drive it every day, but you must not drive it far. You'll get more range with the 8 Volts but if the 12s are working for you I see no reason in converting either.
i play 18 holes of golf most every day. i also live on the golf course in western ky and it is hilly. i thought i would get through this year with the same batteries because it was doing pretty good through 18 holes. i assume that one of the batteries died and then it would not take a charge. the way people are reacting, this must be some kind of record.
wilmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmash View Post
i play 18 holes of golf most every day. i also live on the golf course in western ky and it is hilly. i thought i would get through this year with the same batteries because it was doing pretty good through 18 holes. i assume that one of the batteries died and then it would not take a charge. the way people are reacting, this must be some kind of record.
Yeah... it is... Congratulations.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

I had one of my batteries go by-by... Nov 2008 was the stamp date... less then 2 years... The other three are still acting like new.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #7
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

WILMASH yes it really is some kind of a record IF THEY ARE 2004 batterys? If newer than that its more the NORM for 12 volt?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car