lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
OLDESTCOWBOY
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 cc..no go at times

HAPPY 4TH;
I HAVE A 96 CLUB CAR.IT WAS RUNNING GREAT AND THEN
BECAME INTERMITTENT.BATTERIES ARE INSTALLED 3/09..51.7 VOLTS AT END OF PACK..TRIED TO CHECK SOLENOIDS AND SOME TIMES THEY CLICK
SOMETIMES THEY DON'T. BOTH SOLENOIDS WITH KEY OFF BIG TERMINALS PACK VOLT(51.7) LITTLE TERMINALS ZERO VOLT ..KEY ON... ALL TERMINALS READ BATTERY VOLT ..I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IS WRONG...I AM A RETIRED AUTO TECH. BUT HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT THE PARTS ARE CALLED AND HAVE NO MANUAL. ANY SUGGESTIONS....THANK YOU.
OLDESTCOWBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 96 cc..no go at times

you could have a solenoid going bad...next time it quits try tapping it to see if it will run if so replace it.........its the one on the outer frame rail the other is for the reagan braking system.......if you do replace solenoid make sure you kill pack power and use a HD white rodgers 48 volt solenoid..........oh yea happy 4th.........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
OLDESTCOWBOY
Not Yet Wild

JUST TO LET EVERYONE NO WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS.......THE 3 PRONG CONNECTOR FROM THE POT. ON BOTTOM OF ACCEL.PEDAL...WHEN I TOOK THE CONNECTOR APART THERE WAS A LITTLE CORROSION..RATHER THEN CLEAN CONNECTORS I CUT IT OUT AND SOLDERED WIRES TOGETHER...
(3 WIRES) THAT TOOK CARE OF PROBLEM..RUNS GREAT NOW...tHANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED...................BOB
OLDESTCOWBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thanks for letting us know.............................................. .....
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
Mongrell
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Wow looking here for help to fix my fathers Cart. I think you just answed my question of what was goofy on it.
Woot off to Dad's place to fix his fav toy to bebop around the land with.
Thanks again
Mongrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car