lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
crunch1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Iq settings

The Club Car dealer will be setting up my computer next week. From what I have read on here, there are several configurations, none of which I know anything about. Can you guys give me some suggestions on settings, and how they affect cart overall performance.
Thanks for the help in advance. The cart is an 06 dsiq with regen, with stock everything.
crunch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Iq settings

what are your plans regarding the cart? Are you looking for raw speed or do you have a hilly environment that will require a lot of torque? Do you plan on modifing the car in the future?

I know for raw speed (with no future modifications in mind) you would want them to set it on speed setting 4 (they may charge you for this)

If you plan on adding a high speed motor, I believe one of the sponsers (Plum Quick?) here sells a motor that you can leave at setting 3 and still get a higher speed than the factory setting of 4.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch1 View Post
The Club Car dealer will be setting up my computer next week. From what I have read on here, there are several configurations, none of which I know anything about. Can you guys give me some suggestions on settings, and how they affect cart overall performance.
Thanks for the help in advance. The cart is an 06 dsiq with regen, with stock everything.

Speeds 1, 2 and 3 are no additional charge with exception to what the CC dealer will charge you for their time... only takes a couple of minutes to do. The Private Code 4 will cost you extra for whatever the CC dealer gets for it from the CC factory as well as installing it once the code is received from the factory. If you already have Code 3 then contact PlumQuick about their Purple Motor for your cart!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speed settings.jpg (78.9 KB, 60 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
crunch1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It is being set for code 4, but what else is an option while they programing, such as regen settings or ?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch1 View Post
It is being set for code 4, but what else is an option while they programing, such as regen settings or ?
The "Pedal UP" regen can be removed. It's got three settings, 0, 1, and 2. 0=None 1=Mild 2=Harsh.... This describes how the car brakes when the pedal is released. Top speed will still be limited based on the speed setting.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
crunch1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

TahoeDawgZ71,
What is the best way to go on the regen? Most of the time I will be running around the campground, unless I can get the license plates approved. That will be my next challenge after I make some changes on cart. At the present I am leaning toward the 0 setting meaning none.Its great to have you guys helping out us newer guys.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not to answer for Tahoe, but in my opinion, I prefer the regen turned off. If I want to stop the cart, I know how to apply the brakes, I don't need the controller to do it for me.......
Old 06-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Not to answer for Tahoe, but in my opinion, I prefer the regen turned off. If I want to stop the cart, I know how to apply the brakes, I don't need the controller to do it for me.......
Oh yeah I'm the same way.... My controller is setup like this...

Speed Setting : 4
Pedal Up : 0
Fast Accel : ON
Speed Cal : 0
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
crunch1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What are the options on Speed Cal, I guess it would be nice to know what it is also, before I make a choice on it.
Thanks again guys
Old 06-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #10
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

another benefit to NOT having the regen on is if the regen set on 2, I have seen these regen so hard it will throw you into the steering wheel..... NOT a good thing to have if you have partaken of a couple of adult beverages.....

As for the Speed Cal, I have never set mine above 0 and as far as I know, they have minimal effect if you do set them above 0...... Use Tahoe's settings, they will suit fine for most purposes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car