lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
gadget_guy
Not Yet Wild

Default under the dash of the Zone cart

Decided to look at wiring on the Zone cart today.

I plan a few things, and wanted to see what the wiring looked like. Lots of places I can add some of the things I planned.

Wire #63 (green) is the +12v (more like 13.6v) accessory wire. I plan to use some of the existing plugs to wire these components:
  • Stereo
  • Hour meter
  • 12v outlet to charge phone or GPS and such

Also found that while none of the exiting connectors appear to have the turn signal wire on them, just connecting a light across wire 63 (+12v acc) and wire 66 - looks yellow in this photo will give you a flashing indication your turn signal is on. I just didn't have a panel mounted 12v green LED which is what I planned to use. I will stop and pick one up this week and get it mounted next to the battery level indicator.

You will also see that I have put a few strips of electrical tape over the speaker of the reverse indicating speaker. This device is just wire tied to the wires right behind the key switch. You can find this easily when you put your finger over the hole and the volume decreases by about 80%. I still wanted to know it was in reverse, but figure the people 30 feet away don't really need to know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_7798 (Medium).JPG (43.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7791 (Medium).jpg (22.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7792 (Medium).JPG (35.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7796 (Medium).JPG (28.9 KB, 46 views)
gadget_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
GeoJoe
Getting Wild

Star

Default Re: under the dash of the Zone cart

Excellent post and pics... looks very similar to what is behind the dash in my Star 22F. I've also put a piece of tape over the reverse buzzer. I can still hear it, but it doesn't wake up the whole neighborhood now.

A rep at JH Global tells me that the 12v reducer that is stock with my cart can handle 20amps. He says with everything on, (lights, turn signals, horn, etc) all of it only draws about 5 amps. So a lot of room for more stuff!
GeoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
been stimulated
Not Yet Wild

did you have to unbolt anything to get those wires? or are they accesable under the front by the tires?

I have a base model 6 seater zone and want to add a radio and was just today looking for where to hook into the electrical system.

thanks
been stimulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
GeoJoe
Getting Wild

Star

Under the right side of the seat, under the far right side battery there should be a 12v inverter. You may be able to splice into this silver box. Look closely at the wires coming in and going out. Otherwise you may be able to add power directly from behind the F/R switch by removing the 4 screws.
GeoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
been stimulated
Not Yet Wild

I ended up removing the four screws of the plate shown in pic 1 above (the plate that has the key switch, F/R and charge indicator). Pulling that out, could see the plugs/wiring he shows in the other pics. just curious how exactly he wired, or will be wiring a radio.

I have a six seater so the batteries are under the second row, saw the converter, just hoping to not have to touch it.

thanks
been stimulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
Elyssaleah
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for posting those pics! saves me some work.
Elyssaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay