lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
JaredM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cool Yamaha G2 bogging when i acclerate

hey im new to this whole thing but am wondering what is wrong with my Yamaha G2 i just got it a week ago and it wasnt running. i pulled the carb and soaked it in gumout, pulled the gas tank and drained it pulled the air filter cleaned it out. i got it running fine and all but when i got to acclerate it bogs and then go's and then bogs and then go's, im wondering if this is a air/fuel mixture issue, or is it my rev limiter kicking in. im would really like to go faster with this cart and as of right now i cant, anything that would be of help would be greatly appreciated
JaredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
guambomb
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G2 bogging when i acclerate

Did you replace the fuel filter?
guambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Welcome to BGW!

Did you take the carb apart and clean the jets and check the float?

TheNewGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
JaredM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

yes i cleaned the jets, and yes i replaced the fuel filter. but my cart had also been making a rattling noise, i checked everything to seee wat was loose and didnt find anything, so i was reading on another post tht it could be the clutch, causing the rev limiter to kick in, and thts what it ended up being, any recomendations for cluthches or just the OEM one
Old 06-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

welcome to BGW.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can tell it is the rev limit it is like turning the key on/off at max rpm. G9 does not have one, you can swap the ignitor but they are pricey.

Do you mean the clutch does not shift and so the motor revs at slow speed? Put it in neutral and rev it up (not real high) and the primary on the engine should close in right away and run the belt to the top. If not, then weights inside are not working. Take the cover off, you might need a hammer impact like used on motorcycles if its phillips heads. See if a weight is broken or what is the deal with it. If you pull the belt you can move clutch in/out and see the weights swing out. You can get new parts for most yamaha clutches, or you can buy a comet replacement clutch. There are some others but one is smaller and the other is very expensive. If you only offroad you might want the comet you can tune it to rev more, otherwise the yamaha works nice and smooth just can't get it to holeshot like others. You should clean and lube both clutches and have a near new belt to get the best performance out of the cart. Belt is junk when it gets close to 1" wide, is 1 3/16 new. Also take a look at the wear in the sheaves, the aluminum parts will wear from dirt/sand and get grooves then it does not shift well.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
JaredM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

ya thts wat it was a weight was broken in the clutch and so im ordering a new one from everything carts, do i need to replaace the belt when i put on the new clutch or can i keep the old one it is still in good shape? thnks for all of ur help sho305
Old 06-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I posted about cleaning clutches, you can repair them too I just put a new sheave in a primary. But you can also replace it. Far as belt new is 1 3/16" wide, factory specs 1" wear limit. However when the belt is thinner it affects holeshot power first, and when you gear a cart up with lift/big tires or big gears you notice much more. It will kill takeoff when you get say to 1 1/16" wide or so. If you don't tow or do hills then not a big problem to go to 1" wide on lifted cart, non-lifted you don't notice as much because it is geared lower. This only affects it mostly under a couple mph speed, though it will shift a little different as the belt gets thinner.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha