lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2017, 10:27 AM   #1
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Soften Ride with Tires - Need Opinions

Bought my used CC DS with an old 4 inch spindle lift and 22 x 11 Stryker's on 8 inch factory style wheels. Put an All Sports 6 inch lift on it and bought some off-brand 23 off-road tires on 14 inch rims, (bad mistake!). My cart is used for mild trails and these current tires on 14 inch rims will rattle your teeth on hard pan so I want to change the tires and wheels to soften the ride. I like the chevron tread design of the Stryker's as I do encounter soft sandy stuff occasionally but I would like a 24 inch tall tire on a 10 inch wheel for both looks to fill the fender wells and more sidewall to help cushion the bumps. Duro makes a Stryker type 24 inch ATV tire in both 2&4 ply sidewalls that requires only 4 or 5 psi which sounds like they would be much softer. I don't think the 24 inch tall tire will be an issue as the current 23 inch tires have plenty of room.

Any advice, opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Soften Ride with Tires - Need Opinions

how much air are you running in the tires now ? I would drop it down to soften the ride

30 psi is bead setting , you should be around 10 psi
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

I have ran as low as 5 psi in my rears. I keep the front around 17 psi for handling plus the LT suspension absorbs the bumps up front. I run the rears around 10 psi now because the low pressure was robbing my speed.
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #4
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
how much air are you running in the tires now ? I would drop it down to soften the ride

30 psi is bead setting , you should be around 10 psi
Go point Swan.... most tires indicate a maximum tire pressure but not an operating or minimum pressure. I run these low profile tires around 18 psi. I'll drop to 10 psi and try it but with only 2-3 inches of sidewall it may not be that significant.

thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #5
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

I noticed on the "Beast" website that their carts are equipped with 6" Jakes spindle lifts and they put 25x10x12 tire/wheel combo's on those carts. I know Beast uses EZ-Go carts but I do not see that going with that same setup on my CC with a 6" AllSports lift I would have issues. Going 12 inch on the wheel diameter opens more wheel choices.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:06 AM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Go back to 8" wheels?

I love my 8" wheel setup. I bought a set of 10" wheels with 22s for one of my carts and there's definitely a ride difference. Only reason I even bought the 10-inchers was because it was a crazy deal...$125 for the fully-mounted set of 4. They look good, but don't ride as nice.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #7
Beagler
Not Yet Wild

With my 10'' wheels and 22'' tires I run 5 lbs air in front tires and 8 lbs in the rear tires. I use it mostly for hunting and off road.
Beagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #8
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

I use my cart during hunting season to get me out and back to camp, no harsh work or trail making. I have an ATV for the rough stuff. The 8 inch wheels and tires I have look very similar to Springbok's convertible DS above. I'm definitely removing the 14 inch wheels and may at some point put some street treads on them to run around on during the summer in the neighborhood. I want to put as tall a tire as I can to fill the fender wells like we do for our 4x4 pickups. If I go with 10 inch wheels I have the option of going either 22", 24" or 25" with the Duro's. Just how much of a donut look I want.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

My '90 (that has the 8" wheels on it in the pic) is running 22.5x10x8s with a 4" lift. The '87 with the black 10" wheels is running 22x11x10s on a 6" lift. And guess what? The '87 has rubbing issues and the '90 doesn't. The rubbing issues are only in the rear though, the inner sidewall is rubbing against the inner fender and frame rail. Needs spacers.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #10
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

the only reason i jumped from 10's to 12's was for (later) rear disc brakes. The offset of the 10's wouldn't allow it. I found some 25" 6 ply tires I think will be my set .

http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-804...-required.aspx
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts