lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
lefty67
Not Yet Wild

Default '06 Precedent vs. 09 Ez-Go RXV

Hi all, the thread title says it all, I am trading out of my '04 Yamaha g22, and have two possible target vehicles, one is an ex-fleet Ezgo RXV (electric), the other is a 2006 one-owner CC Precedent. The CC is less expensive, in keeping with the age, are there any technical issues with either one or other insight to help me choose?

Thanks!
Lefty
lefty67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: '06 Precedent vs. 09 Ez-Go RXV

Not an expert on the CC, but I have one - an 06 Precedent, but I know even less about the EZ-GO. I love my Precedent and the only major knock I know of that people have against them around here is that most, if not all, have the 4 x 12v battery pack setup, which is said to have less run-time and battery longevity than a 6 x 8v setup. I have 08 batteries that still work fine and have never left me stranded anywhere because they didn't last long enough. And I saw a post from someone this week that said they have an 06 and still have the original batteries in it. The math can be done that proves that 6 8v's are better than 4 12v's but the bottom line for me is that my cart does what I expect it to do. However, there is a kit out there to convert it from 4 batts to 6 if you choose.

My cart came from a golf course so I'm sure it has taken it's lumps. But it was/is in very good physical and asthetic condition when I bought it, and still is. I really like the aluminum frames on the cc's as well.

Hope that helps a little.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

06 Precedent and EZGO RXV are both going to have the 4-12 Volt battery setup. Club Car has aluminum frame, won't rust. It also doesn't have metal battery boxes that you have to worry about corroding. The EZGO has a new style braking system on it that I'm not a big fan of. I'm sure some of the EZGO guys can chime in on this one though.... It has no cables, no brake shoes, no drums, Nothing! It's all done with motor braking. It kind of concerns me as to what would happen when the car goes dead. It's either gonna default to LOCKED or UNLOCKED. Either way, I'm not a fan. But I'm a Club Car tech so what do you expect? Also, the Precedent doesn't look so much like a Praying Mantis as the RXV.. ha!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
lefty67
Not Yet Wild

thanks guys for the answers, I'm new to the forum, and didn't want to cross post, and annoy everyone right off the bat - but I am not sure if the EZGO guys would be monitoring the CC forum... is cross-posting allowed, or can someone move my thread to a better spot?

thanks!

great insight so far, thank you guys.
lefty67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
TDAWG
Gone Wild

The EZ-GO RXV is an AC system. That is how they accomplish that wierd braking. It would be nice to get some reviews from some people that have had one for a while.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car