lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
dirtmanmartin
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Muffler Question - Club Car Lift

My 84 CC is lifted and this is what the rear end and muffler look like. Sorry(not a great pic).

Total package lifted.
dirtmanmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Ok I did a Google search for "Club Car muffler relocation kit" and this thread was the first thing in the results!

After crossing our creek recently with relatively high water (and stalling out a few times) I've decided that this will be the year I roll up my sleeves and relocate this muffler. I'll be posting up my results as I get into it. I'm thinking that just a modified intermediate pipe and a raised muffler mount should do the trick.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:53 PM   #13
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

But where will the muffler be mounted? On the body or the engine cradle? Body would require quite a bit of flex in the exhaust system and I can bet it would fail after awhile.
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:59 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Um, so what is the question? Does the muffler fill with water or something?
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:44 PM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Every so often, and only in water while crossing our creek, my cart will stall out and die. Only after about 15-20 seconds will it restart again and run. Doesn't happen in any other situation. At first I thought maybe the vacuum line to the fuel pump was getting oil in it due to the bumpiness during the crossing and cutting out, but I run over bumps in other areas where there's no water and this never happens (?).
Old 07-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #16
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetbu View Post
But where will the muffler be mounted? On the body or the engine cradle? Body would require quite a bit of flex in the exhaust system and I can bet it would fail after awhile.
I still plan on mounting it to the cradle/frame somehow.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #17
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

A funny side note on this thread. The very same cart that I mentioned in my first post in this thread...is now my second golf cart! It's a 1990 model (sorry...Photobucket has deleted access to view the images here).

But I'm now circling back to this wanting to lift the mufflers on both my '87 and my '90. I thought maybe I would be able to just cut out the two bolt flange that connects the muffler and the exhaust (located right over the rear axle) and put in a custom-bent coupler pipe, allowing me to mount the muffler a few inches higher off the ground.

I measured the pipes and Club Car and the pipe ODs Club Car uses for the header pipe and the muffler are different. I imagine this would help prevent DIY'ers like myself from using anything other than stock replacement exhaust parts?

Anyway I measured the ODs of the pipes with a digital caliper and came up with these measurements. Does anyone know if it's possible to get coupler pipes with ID measurements that will allow these pipes to slide in and mount with u-clamps?

And here's me on the cart last weekend with my low-altitude muffler:

Old 05-08-2019, 01:52 PM   #18
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Still haven't done the muffler-mount raising that I've only been talking about for about 7 years now.

I think the muffler on my '87 has some pieces loose in it and they're making some annoying noises. Was wondering if anyone here ever bit the bullet and ponied-up for the $250+ mufflers they sell for the 1984-91 carts online. Would like to swap out my muffler but that price is steep. I'd easily spend $100-150...but $250 is really out there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts