lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2019, 06:18 PM   #11
folseman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Jake's vs. Allsports Long travel

I see that! I read through all of the build threads the other day. Really like the air system in the rear. That thing is impressive. You've done a phenomenal job.

I'm getting the fever as well. Looking to build and convert a 72V Bad Boy Buggy to Leaf Batteries.
folseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2019, 06:22 PM   #12
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by folseman View Post
I see that! I read through all of the build threads the other day. Really like the air system in the rear. That thing is impressive. You've done a phenomenal job.

I'm getting the fever as well. Looking to build and convert a 72V Bad Boy Buggy to Leaf Batteries.
Thanks!

I've wanted to do a 72v lithium AC drive realllly bad! I'm hoping one of my carts sells next weekend. I'll be going into full on build mode again! [emoji3]

You can find those bad boys for dirt cheap!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:25 PM   #13
folseman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

For sure. That's what I was thinking. I'll be waiting for your next build. Great way to get new ideas to spend my money on. LOL
Old 04-30-2019, 06:43 PM   #14
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
For sure. That's what I was thinking. I'll be waiting for your next build. Great way to get new ideas to spend my money on. LOL
[emoji23] for sure!! I'm going to trade a few toys for tools in the coming months I've wanted a cnc plasma table for a while now. The stuff I'll be able to build with it.... The possibilities are endless....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #15
folseman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Man if I had one of those, I'd be dangerous.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:11 PM   #16
TheGuyRock
Getting Wild

I've had both on my TXT. I had the Jake's kit and didn't like how wide it was, but liked the ground clearance it had.

I'm now on my second AS1 kit love it. Still wider than stock and has an awesome turning radius. Rides awesome as well. I seem to get better adjustment on this compared to the Jake's as well. And it feels better built. Handles the speed this thing hits and hasn't had a single issue yet. Shocks are holding up great after many wheelies on the other cart and lots of abuse in the woods at the new property

Plus the way its built I was able to add a winch much easier and firmly. Had to machine out the plates a bit but I also added Jake's front disc kit. And like others said the rear was stiff with the HD leaf's. So I did standard leafs with coil over shocks. I cut the top coil out and used a rubber body mount from one of my jeeps to retain the coil and change where the spring engagement was. On the workhorse I run HD 4 pack leafs and the coil overs. Rides like a dream, but that's due to being 14" longer wheelbase now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
TheGuyRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:53 PM   #17
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Very nice. Allsports lift is very nice and seems superior since Jakes was bought out. I’ve read a lot of complaints concerning Jakes lately especially on the front shocks. Very nice cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #18
folseman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks TheGuyRock. I think I've made my decision. Your buggy looks great and I like the rear suspension. My rear is heavy duty but does beat me up a bit unless I have 300lbs of corn on the back. LOL
Old 05-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #19
TheGuyRock
Getting Wild

Quote:
Thanks TheGuyRock. I think I've made my decision. Your buggy looks great and I like the rear suspension. My rear is heavy duty but does beat me up a bit unless I have 300lbs of corn on the back. LOL
Thank you! It only really shows its stuff when we are driving like maniacs on the property. But I think we are actually hitting the bump stops then.

I will.say the AS1 is tough too, my son jammed it into a pine tree and him and it are fine. Just scuffed the paint. Glad I put seatbelts in the cart

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
TheGuyRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #20
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is something to keep in mind or check when you consider Jakes lift. I have/had Jakes disc brakes on my cart. I was wanting to add a Jakes 4" lift. I found out that Jakes wouldn't sell the lift kit with spindles so I could use my old disc brakes. So wound up removing the disc brakes and bought a Allsport A-Arm. This was on a Club Car Precedent.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts