lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2015, 10:09 PM   #1
skyline63
Not Yet Wild

Default Replacing a brake cable on Club Car President

I've looked for a video on you tube but can't find one. Can anybody point me to a how to video so I can get this cable put on. I don't like riding the grand kids around with bad brakes. Thanks for any help
skyline63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #2
skyline63
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Replacing a brake cable on Club Car President

Can anybody give me some pointers on what to do and expect, PLEASE
Old 11-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #3
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Skyline, I've never changed the brake cable on anything other than a Yamaha G1. But it should be pretty straight forward. I'd just take a look at the other side and see how it's mounted and follow suit with the one your replacing.

While your doing that I'd also remove and clean up the brake parts if they appear to need it. You can pull both rear wheels off so you can look at both sides and do one at a time in case you need to see where a certain part goes on re-assembly.

The way I learn to work on anything is to read what I can find on the project (If I can find anything) and then just grab the tools and jump right in.

Good luck and be sure to post pictures, someone may be able to help you with the job using them and someone else may get some help using your pictures as well.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:40 AM   #4
skyline63
Not Yet Wild

Finally got it but getting the front out of the hole in the cross member is very frustrating. I'm sure there's a tool for it but I don't think I'll be doing this very often.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:52 AM   #5
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Glad you were able to get the cable changed. A lot of times if I can't find any info on how to do something mechanical I just go for it. Usually works out, but is nice when I can find someone else that has done the same job and get tips to make the job easier.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:42 PM   #6
TPowell
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've seen this issue brought up in several posts, so I'll provide my cheap solution. If you want to spend $60 on the tool to take these clips out then by all means knock yourself out, but if you are cheap (like me) and a little mad that Club Car would use something that you need a specialized tool to remove then here is a workaround. First you go to your local hardware store and buy a $.90 hose clamp size 1/4 to 5/8. Disconnect the cable from both ends, and put the clamp on the connector just over the tabs, but not all the way to the bracket. Start tightening down the clamp until you can pull the cable through just a bit. You should be able to tell when the tabs are through. Keep pressure on the cable and back off the hose clamp. While backing off the hose clamp the cable should pull through the opening. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes per side and the cable and clips are good to go on another cart if you need them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG0313.jpg (870.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG0314.jpg (155.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg output.jpg (192.4 KB, 0 views)
TPowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am going to offer another solution based on info I got from David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars after having to deal with that issue. I was actually asking him about getting me the factory tool for it, but he offered a better solution. Once you disconnect the cable from both ends,pull the cable towards the back of the cart and find a deep well socket that will slip over the end of the cable and compress the spring tabs. Then, have someone tug on the other end and out it will pop. When he told me that, all I could say was; "DUH, how easy is that!!"
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:40 AM   #8
BRPrecedent
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I used a 13 mm wrench (if I remember correctly) slipped over the retainers. On the rear retainer I cut the cable to slide the wrench on.
BRPrecedent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #9
frank624
Not Yet Wild

Another way that works very well is to use the closed end of a 1/2” wrench, slide it over the tabs and pull the cable out.
frank624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts