lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2018, 08:36 PM   #21
Friedom
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: best 6" a-arm lift for clubcar

Good approach.
I received my 6th upper control arm today.
Previous ones came all nicely shrink wrapped and the heims in a separate bag.
When I was on the phone with custumer service, I asked the girl if someone could just test to verify that the heim actually threads in before shipping so that we could avoid another repeat. She said she couldn't do anything since it was coming from the Jake's warehouse.

But when I opened the box, the shrink wrap was off and the heim was fully inserted and turned by hand. Kudos guys.

Now I'm wondering if I bit off too much with these 22" tires and 10" wheels as the electric cart gets stuck in the sand pretty easily here. Might stick the stock wheels/tires back on and see how it does. What a journey, but it's nice to have it all together!
Friedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2018, 05:35 AM   #22
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I still think allsports SS lift kit is still the best bang for your buck,
Don't go with the silver...
And no roughhousing.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #23
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedom View Post
So I installed the lift, then discovered the missing necessary lugs, and put on my stock wheels which fit and worked fine! This was astonishing to me as everything I read said you need to have at least 10" offset wheels. Nope. The instructions do say, "you can use your stock wheels, but we don't recommend it. " I would have thought twice about adding $500 to the order for bigger wheels had I known that.
Yep this was my experience as well. I bought my Allsports SS lift before I bought my wheels/tires. Once my 8" stock wheels bolted up despite being told that 8" wheels wouldn't fit I then ordered new 2+5 offset 8" wheels and 22" tires.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:31 AM   #24
Friedom
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Yep this was my experience as well. I bought my Allsports SS lift before I bought my wheels/tires. Once my 8" stock wheels bolted up despite being told that 8" wheels wouldn't fit I then ordered new 2+5 offset 8" wheels and 22" tires.
Really not thrilled with that level of misinformation being so common. Literally more than doubled my cost because of it.
Oh well, I might sell my wheels and tires locally if cart really can't push them.
Maybe I need bigger battery cables?
Old 02-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #25
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Uhhh? Why did you put on a suspension lift kit if you don't need it to clear bigger tires? Also, I think the companies want you to run wider track rims to help with stability issues. The lawsuits for you guys in the US with people flipping carts over on themselves would be spell disaster for any company.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:03 AM   #26
Friedom
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Uhhh? Why did you put on a suspension lift kit if you don't need it to clear bigger tires? Also, I think the companies want you to run wider track rims to help with stability issues. The lawsuits for you guys in the US with people flipping carts over on themselves would be spell disaster for any company.
I just wanted clearance so that if I spin a tire on sand I'm not instantly sitting on frame. The lift without tires would accomplish that no problem, and I wouldn't have torque loss of larger/heavier tires.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:45 AM   #27
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

But clearance comes from larger diameter tires, not lifting.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #28
Friedom
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
But clearance comes from larger diameter tires, not lifting.
Only at the diff. Everything else is 6" higher from the lift. I was scraping the rear seat floor board a lot. No problem now. 4" larger tires only lifted the differential 2".
Old 02-06-2018, 04:04 PM   #29
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #30
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Also, I think the companies want you to run wider track rims to help with stability issues. The lawsuits for you guys in the US with people flipping carts over on themselves would be spell disaster for any company.
Wheel diameter has nothing to to with wider track. the 8" wheels on my '90 are 8x7 and are 2+5 offset. My 10" wheels on my '87 are 10x7 with no offset (I ended up using spacers to widen the track and gain clearance). Spacers aside, my 8" wheels are safer than my 10" wheels as far as rollovers are concerned.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts