lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2023, 01:47 PM   #1
AZ_GCarter
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Star Classic Windshield

Hey there, hoping some STAR Cart experts out there can help me out with this.

Recently inherited a 2006 36V Star Cart (I think its a "classic"?) due to a family death. I want to sell it, but the wife feels attached to it as it belonged to her grandma, so you know how that goes. We keep it, but knowing am going to clean it up , lift it, etc. I am pretty familiar with the old EZGO Marathons and Yamaha G2s so this seems like a fun little project.

For the year, its in great shape minus the windshield, which is thrashed I have burned many hours online trying to find a replacement, and I cant find any windshield that looks compatible. Everything i find indicates 2008 or later and references using original hardware and mounting strips on each front upright holding up the roof. This doesn't have any "mounting strips" and actually has an extra hole in the uprights, so I cant tell if this is even OEM or something that was rigged up or what.

The STAR CLASSIC manual online from STAR references these strips, the roof structure is different etc. I am assuming this refers to 2008 or later. These are absent I have attached a couple photos for reference.

From what I have read online, these early year STARs were basically clones of the old EZGOs.

It LOOKS like the compatible part number is 2WS080. I cant post links to what I have found (new member). But this is missing holes. No hardware. Other websites advertise as this part only being 2008 or later.

That being said, EZGO TXT 1995-2013 windshields look like a PERFECT fit, and are less than 1/3 the price.

ANY help would be appreciated in letting me know what EZGO or STAR part would actually "fit".

Ill start a new thread about some questions I have about rear seat/lift compatibility. Everything STAR is stupid overpriced. If most of this stuff is a clone, I just assume use EZGO TXT parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg star1.jpg (212.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg star2.jpg (195.7 KB, 0 views)
AZ_GCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay