lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2023, 03:55 PM   #1
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Default Club car carryall 1700, is there any parts that cross reference? Mule, RZR, etc?

I picked up a diesel club car carryall 1700 for a very good price, but the front end was wore out on it. Iím researching and canít find any cross references to shocks, cv axles, or A arms.

I know itís made by ingersoll rand, and thereís a bobcat, and a case brand clone of them, but thatís all I can find. Iíll probably be able to finish getting the whole front end apart and just rebuild it with all new ball joints and wheel bearings, but I had a thought about swapping out the parts.

I know They cant make a whole lot of these, so Iíd assume things like shocks, hubs, and suspension parts would be used from other manufacturers.

Does anyone know if any of the SXS companies out there use some of the same parts? They may not, Iíve searched pretty well, and have been to the parts stores, ATV place, club car dealer, and even called the Kubota dealer. But you know how that goes with parts dealers. If you donít spoon feed them the exact number in their system they wonít help you.

Any help is appreciated. I was surprised when I picked it up at how huge it is. Thereís nothing on it really that can be swapped with a regular club car golf cart.
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2023, 08:12 AM   #2
Kotaonbags1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car carryall 1700, is there any parts that cross reference? Mule, RZR, etc?

Same thing here. I've been looking and the lack of info on these is surprising. Local CC dealer really wasn't much help as they don't see many of them.
Kotaonbags1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 08:19 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Club car carryall 1700, is there any parts that cross reference? Mule, RZR, etc?

This close ? https://cdn.acenda.com/swift/v1/cart...d_XRT_1550.pdf
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 08:49 AM   #4
ANDRMORR
Not Yet Wild

I have several diesel carryall 1700's and Ebay is your only 2nd source next to OEM...It does pay to look around since there are big price differences among the cart supply companies. Sadly most are just listing the Club Car part and order it when you place your order...On a side note they are fantastic machines with great traction and extremely useful design...
ANDRMORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 09:54 AM   #5
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDRMORR View Post
I have several diesel carryall 1700's and Ebay is your only 2nd source next to OEM...It does pay to look around since there are big price differences among the cart supply companies. Sadly most are just listing the Club Car part and order it when you place your order...On a side note they are fantastic machines with great traction and extremely useful design...

I thought so too, they are basically little trucks with a solid built full aluminum frame. The 4-link rear suspension and A arms on the front are solid too.

I guess itís where they are built to withstand industrial use. But they sure are proud of them with how much the msrp price is and the parts prices.
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 11:59 PM   #6
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

You may discover that front end parts like ball joints are actually automotive parts, like I found when searching for parts for my Cushman Truckster. Find an older guy working in a local auto parts store, who has been in the business for some years, show him the ball joint, or whatever, and he may surprise you by going to the shelf and handing you one. No, the cross reference lists in the books or on their computer won't show the replacement, but the old guy will know from working experience what is the right replacement. For my 1987 Cushman, early 70's Ford F-100 wheel brake cylinder rebuilding kits fit perfectly, and the new Ford cylinders were identical too, except for an external bump on the casting that needed to be ground off. My old guy had replacement tail light lenses, flexible brake lines, etc. on the shelf when I needed them too.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 09:35 PM   #7
Smokin' Corn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I bought my 2016 Carryall 1700 SE diesel 4x4 in August.
Drove up to Alabama and bought it from a Vol. Fire Dept. .
1400 hrs. on the clock.
Got it $7.8k

Been replacing small things and cleaning Alabama clay from areas behind panels.
Oil, diff fluids, transfer case oil, coolant, brake fluid changes
Installed new floor panels a friend gave me, originals had a few holes in them.(adding boat deck cushy material to them for comfort when barefoot)
Changing headlights/brake lights over to LED's, and adding a couple of cree spotlights.
Will also ad a stereo and speakers.
Starting to take suspension apart to sand blast and repaint along with the roll cage.
Making a new brush guard with winch mount, along with an aluminum racks on the roof to put ladder stand, fishing poles, surfboards etc.
And new wheels / tires, the 489's on it now are too aggressive and wear quickly when I'm on asphalt.

Anyone know where to get a folding windshield, digital speedometer/tach and seat covers?
I haven't had much luck finding stuff.

Other than the difficulty finding aftermarket and crossover parts, the machine is exactly what I was looking for.
Way better suspension than my '95 DS CarryAll 2 Plus and it will fit 6 skinny people.
And the 4x4 Intellitrak works great, I use it for work 90% of the time carrying around tools/supplies through sand, mud and some wet marshy areas.
The rest of the time I use it to haul my flats boat to the ramp, surf boards to the beach and hauling stuff at hunt camp
Smokin' Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 02:44 PM   #8
Jham57
Not Yet Wild

Golf car ranch 903 252-4444 For a folding windshield. Part # 105081001 FOLD DOWN WINDSHIELD - KIT, WS, CLEAR, HINGE, OEM
Jham57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 10:37 AM   #9
wetsu608
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks jham57 for the plug

I maintain the store for golf car ranch and am adding parts almost daily. You can copy this link, paste it in your browser and it will take you directly to the Carryall & XRT parts collection on our site.

................................................ed ited.............................................. .

Thanks again,

Steve
wetsu608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts